3d tv as a moniter

curtains8

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
I'm planning on buying this tv and was wandering what I would have to do to use it as a 3d moniter for my pc I have a nvidea graphics card I don't know the model number off the top of my head but I can look it up...

Thanks for the advise

Yes. As long as your Graphics card has the required outputs.

For example:

If you have an LCD with DVI and HDMI ports, your graphics card will need a DVI or HDMI output port to connect to your screen. I do this all the time with my laptop - I connect my laptop via HDMI to my HDTV.

That 3D LCD should work. It has HDMI. Now the only question is - does your video card have the correct output type?

FYI - I noticed it said "3D-ready Brings images to life in stunning 3D (3D glasses included). The 2D-to-3D conversion function delivers standard film, pictures and TV broadcasts in 3D."

So you need to wear glasses. There are some 3DTV's that don't require glassess - I believe they are called Parallax barrier 3D TV's, but they are much more expensive, if there are even any that you can buy yet.

Do you have HDMI output on your videocard? If you can tell us exactly what video card you have (Model name, as well as manufacturer's name) that would help,