Upgrading from my good ole 8800gt Sli setup.

MeanMojito

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Good day, it's my first post but i'm a long time reader.

I recently upgraded the guts of my first build and now have a core i5 2500k on a AsRock Extreme 3 Gen. 3 with 8 gigs of Mushkin ram which is a HUGE upgrade from the overclocked AMD 4200+(lol, I know) on a M2N-SLI deluxe with 4 gigs of mushkin DDR2 ram that I have been running since 2008. I do still have 2 8800 gt's and it's about time to upgrade. I plan on making the purchase after the holidays.

Reading the "Best Cards for the Money" i had decided that the 560ti was the way to go but now with 560ti 448 out would the extra cash be worth it. I would like to get the most out of my money and originally did not want to spend more than $250 but will be willing to spend a bit more if it was worth it.

I have my eyes set on playing BF3 on high with my 24" monitor at 1920 x1080p, I will be getting Skyrim soon and Mass Effect 3 when It comes out. Other than gaming my pc only does normal pc things like stream Netflix and office apps.

I do have a 750 watt power supply and my motherboard support SLI so upgrading in the future is an option. If I chose the 560ti 448 the chances of finding another one in six months or so are not good since it's a limited release.

Oh it may help to know that I have a midtower case and I could fight a card a tad longer that 11" but after that it's tight. I do not plan on overclocking my card but my CPU is oc'd to 4ghz. Lastly I still run Vista 64.

Thank you in advance.

I think 560 ti is better than 448 cores for now. And put another for SLI. But Apparently in this time it is not good for an upgrade as 7000 series and 600 series GPU are coming. So it is up to you, if you want to wait for new GPU then keep these 8800GT and buy these new cards when it's released. When you can't wait then, get yourself 560 Ti instead of the 448 cores edition and get another one next to make an SLI system.

Hope this helps and give you ideas.