xsubo

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I'm running two 6950's and my display drivers keep crashing on me. Ive tried to roll back and install the regular 11.11 drivers but I keep getting crashes, primarily when the internet is involved, any ideas?

xsubo

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I'm using e explorer for this post, but normally yea firefox, and I'll switch everything to default now and see what happens there, and thank you very much for the quick replies^^

So you are saying that when you launch a web browser the drivers fail?

It can be kinda weird. My ATI driver crash as soon a Windows is loaded. This started to happen two days ago. Other than recent virus defintion updates, some Windows updates last week and the installation of GTA 4 about 3 months, there has been no other changes.

I notice no performance lag even when starting a game right after the crash.

DryCreamer

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Jag

I've had the same issue. I put a crossfire card in my Alienware M17X R2 and when I installed the drivers, it added this AMD HD Audio device that cause conflicts with my laptops sound card that caused the same issue, not booting into Windows with the drivers active. Safemode worked perfect. Once I disabled the AMD HD Audio device in Device Manager, everything has been peachy.

Edit: Although, Windows Update keeps re-enabling the HD Audio device that is causing the conflict.

Dry