Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit install error due to MBR partition table

Status
Not open for further replies.

isitjustme

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I encountered an error that stated:
windows can not be installed to this disk the selected disk has an MBR partition table on EFI systems, windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
INTEL 3930K
2 x GIGABYTE HD6970
CORSAIR Dmntr 4X8/32gb DDR3/1600
WD 2TB CAVIAR BLACK 64MB/7200PRM
CORSAIR FORCE 3 120GB SSD
ASUS P9X79 DELUXE MB
CORSAIR H100 COOLER
CORSAIR HX1050W

ASUS DEMONSTRATION SHOWS VIRTUALLY THE SAME BUILD (same hdd/sdd and mobo anyway....LOOKED EASY...suggests clean install to mechanical not SSD so you can use ASUS software once WIN 7 installed to merge them with the "Marvell 9128 6GB port"...Regarding BIOS funnily enough I have seen images of the UEFI BIOS in forums with all 8 ports on the deluxe in SATA configuration in advanced settings however mine only shows six (and no duplicate for UEFI like other images of UEFI i've seen"?!?!? and I have updated the UEFI BIOS to the latest version....anyone else had same issue with that A2 error?!?!?

isitjustme

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
anonymous1: I deleted the partition successfully and installed windows on the mechanical successfully. But only had success in the 6gb/s standard slots not the Marvell 6gb/s which Is what I need according to ASUS to activate the SSD caching feature so the SSD can work in conjunction with the WD 2TB and enable faster processing speeds. what do?

Danny2000: The ESC did cause to boot from DISK. That is how I got it installed on the standard 6gb/s slots.

Thank you both for your replies....Could it be a faulty MOBO?

thongketKetviengthong

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Kamikazi5983

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
yea actually it has to do with your boot...change it from uefi to another where the disk is the first to boot..there was conflict for mine too although i dont know the exact reason of whats going on..
(for me : asRock extreme4 z77)
1. go into bios
2. boot
3. mine was the first option(Started with an Aeip? or something, mine had two i just choose the one that booted from cd as the emphasis.
then the message under custom -> disk (whatever #) doesn't come up with the warning anymore and just click next, voila!

goodluck

garlicdip94

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013

I just want to say MAN I LOVE YOU!! You have just solved a problem that i have spent nearly a month trying to fix. I bow to your awsomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.