Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 12, 2011 7:24:28 PM

I recently got an HIS HD 6850
my system specs are

Intel Pentium G620
ASUS P8H61-MLX
4GB DDR 3
Cooler Master Elite 600w PSU

the problem is the moment i play any game the system either shows garbage at start or it completely hangs up if u press alt f4 the system returns to windows saying that the graphics card driver has stopped working please advise

More about : 6850

December 12, 2011 7:43:31 PM

Did you have nvidia driver before that, if so you have to uninstall them completely.
Your PSU should be efficient enough
Last but not the least you could have a faulty GPU
m
l
December 12, 2011 8:39:58 PM

i did remove all my nvidia drivers infact i followed it with a fresh windows installation.
as for GPU i got it changed and the problem persists in the new one as well. i did some searching they say it might be that an update is required on the gpu bios. but however i dont want to ruin the card by updating the bios.
i did however asked HIS on this problem and seems that plenty of people are having trouble with 6850 series with BSOD.
any further advices will be very appreciated.
thanks
m
l
December 13, 2011 6:02:24 PM

i tried to run 3D Mark and it gave the following error

Workload work failed with error message: eva::D 3d11::rendering::scene_renderer::render(): draw_unshadowed_illumination_task for thread 0: File: device_context.cpp
Line: 515
Function: struct ID3D11CommandList *__thiscall eva::D 3d11::D eferred_device_context::D o_finish_command_list(bool)

Expression: native()->FinishCommandList( restore_deferred_context_state, &result): DX11 call failed.

Device hung due to badly formed commands.
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: ID3D11DeviceContext::FinishCommandList:
m
l
!