Sign in with
Your question

Cpu fan is too loud

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
May 28, 2012 2:31:34 AM

hello there :) 

well as the thread says my cpu fan is too loud even when the cpu temp is like 31-40 its so annoying i dont know what happend it wasnt like that at all.

pc specs.

cpu phenom 1090t 6 cores at 3.2 not oc atm and never tryed to.

gpu ati 5770 msi hawk not oc

4gb ram kingston 1333

MB: msi 760gm-e51.

psu:i dont remember the brand but its 700W.

please help if u can.

and if someone goin to tell me its a bios thing please explain i have expirence in the MB bios or any overclocking.

More about : cpu fan loud

a c 105 à CPUs
May 28, 2012 2:49:32 AM

stock cooler?
a c 109 à CPUs
May 28, 2012 3:30:15 AM

Go into your BIOS and enable "Smart Fan" or "AMD Cool'nQuiet".
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 28, 2012 6:03:29 PM

ct1615 said:
stock cooler?

i had the stock cooler yesterday i changed it today and its the same problem i think its the bios cuz this problem came up when i updated the bios
a c 109 à CPUs
May 28, 2012 7:47:41 PM

nightstalker_ns said:
i had the stock cooler yesterday i changed it today and its the same problem i think its the bios cuz this problem came up when i updated the bios

What cooler are you using now? And I'll get back to this thread in a little bit, I'll go into bios on two motherboards and see where it's found at.

***They were all found under the Advanced tab in BIOS. Both labled "AMD Smart Fan Configuration***
June 4, 2012 10:04:20 AM

mocchan said:
What cooler are you using now? And I'll get back to this thread in a little bit, I'll go into bios on two motherboards and see where it's found at.

***They were all found under the Advanced tab in BIOS. Both labled "AMD Smart Fan Configuration***

sorry i didnt answer faster i wasnt in town

i enabled the amd smart fan and its still loud XD its annoying me right now

and im useing the stock cooler
a c 203 à CPUs
June 4, 2012 10:15:00 AM

Are you still checking your CPU temps?
One reason it might be running fast/loud is its trying to keep your CPU from overheating.

Beyond that, can you tell what speed (RPM) the fan is running?
!