Gran Turismo 5 footage from TGS

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Gran Turismo 5 footage from TGS - 20MB

http://69.26.178.132/%7Elemon/gt5.wmv

PGR3 - Poor Graphics Resolution 3
7 answers Last reply
More about gran turismo footage
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In article <1127169937.838195.74760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    blig_murk@yahoo.com says...
    > Gran Turismo 5 footage from TGS - 20MB
    >
    > http://69.26.178.132/%7Elemon/gt5.wmv
    >
    > PGR3 - Poor Graphics Resolution 3

    You are truly delusional.

    1. That's a pre-rendered trailer.
    2. It doesn't even look better than Forza, much less PGR3.

    --
    Rob Berryhill
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Blig Merk wrote:

    > Gran Turismo 5 footage from TGS - 20MB

    Looks hot. Of course previous GT trailer videos/screenshots have always been
    leagues better than what the actual gameplay ends up looking like, so I
    wouldn't get my hopes up too high. And the no-damage, piss poor-AI isn't
    going to cut it anymore now that Forza proved to be a better game than GT4
    (source: Gamerankings.com). But when this comes out in two years, I'll bet
    it sells well. Like every GT game before it.

    Doesn't change the fact some of us will be playing next gen games in two
    months. Enjoy your trailers for the next year or two. Maybe you can hold a
    controller while you're watching them and pretend you're controlling the
    action on screen.

    -Z-
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Gran Turismo 5 footage from TGS - 20MB
    >
    > http://69.26.178.132/%7Elemon/gt5.wmv
    >
    > PGR3 - Poor Graphics Resolution 3

    Wow, that was fairly underwhelming. Nice reflections though. Although the
    end product(2 years from now) will end up looking better than PGR3 i'm sure,
    this doesn't cut it Muk. But then again, 2 years from now PGR4 will be out,
    and will undoubtedly look better than PGR3. Nice try. Why don't you wait
    until then, and actually compare games being released in a similar time
    frame instead of trying to compare games that have release dates two years
    apart?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Zackman wrote:

    > Blig Merk wrote:
    >
    > > Gran Turismo 5 footage from TGS - 20MB
    >
    > Looks hot. Of course previous GT trailer videos/screenshots have always been
    > leagues better than what the actual gameplay ends up looking like, so I
    > wouldn't get my hopes up too high. And the no-damage, piss poor-AI isn't
    > going to cut it anymore now that Forza proved to be a better game than GT4
    > (source: Gamerankings.com). But when this comes out in two years, I'll bet
    > it sells well. Like every GT game before it.
    >
    > Doesn't change the fact some of us will be playing next gen games in two
    > months. Enjoy your trailers for the next year or two. Maybe you can hold a
    > controller while you're watching them and pretend you're controlling the
    > action on screen.

    WHat an idiot?
    I thought I taught you how to calibrate a TV didn't I.
    Oh, that's right, you still have that black and white RCA in moms
    basement.

    Anyone who has actually played GT4 on a properly calibrated Sony Wega in
    1080i will tell you that the game looks a bit better than Forza and runs
    at double the framerate and resolution.

    GT5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything in Crackman's world
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:

    > WHat an idiot?

    Main screen turn on?

    > I thought I taught you how to calibrate a TV didn't I.

    Oh that's right, you're the guy who paid to have his CRT TV calibrated!
    Hahahahaha.

    > Oh, that's right, you still have that black and white RCA in moms
    > basement.

    No, but I am looking to replace my Toshiba 34" HDTV before the PS3 comes
    out. No HDMI :(

    > Anyone who has actually played GT4 on a properly calibrated Sony Wega
    > in 1080i will tell you that the game looks a bit better than Forza
    > and runs at double the framerate and resolution.

    And the 98.8% of other gamers will tell you Forza looked better. And
    everyone will tell you Forza is the better game, period. Sony needs to
    reinvent GT5 for the next outing. Prettying up the graphics but keeping the
    same A.I., same unrealistic collisions and same license test B.S. will just
    see more people switch to Forza on the 360.

    > GT5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything in Crackman's world

    You're like the offspring of Bligmerk and Teemoney, only less funny than
    either.

    -Z-
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:
    > Zackman wrote:
    >
    > > Blig Merk wrote:
    > >
    > > > Gran Turismo 5 footage from TGS - 20MB
    > >
    > > Looks hot. Of course previous GT trailer videos/screenshots have always been
    > > leagues better than what the actual gameplay ends up looking like, so I
    > > wouldn't get my hopes up too high. And the no-damage, piss poor-AI isn't
    > > going to cut it anymore now that Forza proved to be a better game than GT4
    > > (source: Gamerankings.com). But when this comes out in two years, I'll bet
    > > it sells well. Like every GT game before it.
    > >
    > > Doesn't change the fact some of us will be playing next gen games in two
    > > months. Enjoy your trailers for the next year or two. Maybe you can hold a
    > > controller while you're watching them and pretend you're controlling the
    > > action on screen.
    >

    > WHat an idiot?
    > I thought I taught you how to calibrate a TV didn't I.
    > Oh, that's right, you still have that black and white RCA in moms
    > basement.
    >
    > Anyone who has actually played GT4 on a properly calibrated Sony Wega in
    > 1080i will tell you that the game looks a bit better than Forza and runs
    > at double the framerate and resolution.

    Wrong. Anyone who's played GT4 in 1080i knows the jaggies are such a
    distraction and the backgrounds so bland that the game looks better in
    480p.

    Heck, even older titles like PGR2 and TOCA look better than GT4.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    You forgot the annyong jittering flicker when it goes into and out of
    1080i mode. Oh, and the fact that you have to turn it on every single
    time. It's not capable of saving the setting.

    I have it, played it on a 52" 16:9 set, tested the photo mode with a
    USB flash drive, otherwise found it unimpressive. But then I still
    haven't gone through all the training laps yet.

    - Jordan

Console Gaming Video Games Resolution Video Games