Ethernet to dsl conversion

G

i need to know if there is a device which can convert ethernet to dsl ,nad how can it be done

someone19

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Umm, A DSL modem?

Seriously tho. Are you wanting to extend your LAN by using a DSL connection to go point to point? That won't be possible.

What is your end goal, and we can help suggest alternates.

G

Why do you need such device?

I was looking for a way to configure a ADSL router to work with LAN cable. I've checked on a couple of forums and I understood that some ADSL routers, probably most of them, can configure each LAN port to work as WAN port. I really do not know how exactly I did it, but it can be done! It is possible to have ADSL router working with LAN cable.

emon87

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Why do you need such device?

I was looking for a way to configure a ADSL router to work with LAN cable. I've checked on a couple of forums and I understood that some ADSL routers, probably most of them, can configure each LAN port to work as WAN port. I really do not know how exactly I did it, but it can be done! It is possible to have ADSL router working with LAN cable.

Give me detailed instructions please, i'm trying to connect a wan line into an adsl modem as well.