Sign in with
Your question

Ethernet to dsl conversion

Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
March 1, 2011 8:43:22 AM

i need to know if there is a device which can convert ethernet to dsl ,nad how can it be done
March 1, 2011 10:52:52 AM

Umm, A DSL modem?

Seriously tho. Are you wanting to extend your LAN by using a DSL connection to go point to point? That won't be possible.

What is your end goal, and we can help suggest alternates.
Anonymous
December 5, 2012 7:58:39 AM

Why do you need such device?

I was looking for a way to configure a ADSL router to work with LAN cable. I've checked on a couple of forums and I understood that some ADSL routers, probably most of them, can configure each LAN port to work as WAN port. I really do not know how exactly I did it, but it can be done! It is possible to have ADSL router working with LAN cable.
December 11, 2012 12:03:27 PM

Quote:
Why do you need such device?

I was looking for a way to configure a ADSL router to work with LAN cable. I've checked on a couple of forums and I understood that some ADSL routers, probably most of them, can configure each LAN port to work as WAN port. I really do not know how exactly I did it, but it can be done! It is possible to have ADSL router working with LAN cable.

Give me detailed instructions please, i'm trying to connect a wan line into an adsl modem as well.
!