Asus EAH6850 not detected by my PC

Ulkesh

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I just purchased the Asus AMD Radeon 6850 as an upgrade from my old graphics card (EVGA 9500GT). However after installing the new PSU and the Graphics card, My PC acts as if there is no graphics card installed. I've tried just about everyting I know to get this to work but no results. Ive unistalled old drivers, reinstalled the Catalyst drivers and the PC still does not recognize it. I have even reinstalled the old evga 9500 and the computer instantly recognizes it and installs the drivers. While the connected, the fan on the 6850 spins so it is getting power and I have 2 6 pin connectors hooked up to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

My System
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620
MoBo: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
GPU: Asus EAG6850 (AMD Radeon)
PSU: OCZ ModXstream-PRO 600W
RAM: 4GB (2x2) DDR2

Ulkesh

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011

Well I have confirmed its not the Graphics Card. After trying drive sweeper, updating the bios and reinstalling the drivers I gor the same end result (nothing)! So I decided to take apart my HTPC and plug up the gpu. This mother board (also an Asus MoBo) detected it right away so it looks like im SOL on using this one my main computer. I have had issues before with the PCI slot (trying to install a wireless card) but atleast the PC detected it!

If there are no more recommendations I will probably begin building a new PC and selling my old one

alatinostripper

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Best thing to do is RMA it and try a new card.