Upgrades seems to have only worsened my system.

Paulio64

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Hey guys, my video card had been damage recently so I needed to buy a new one and I looked to upgrade. I figured to just to go big and I also bought some RAM.

I upgraded from 2 x 2GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM to 4 x 4GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM

And from a Diamond Radeon HD 5770 to an ASUS Radeon HD 6950

I formatted my HDD and installed Windows 7 64 bit to allow the RAM to be used, and I'm certain I have all the appropriate drivers installed on my computer.

Could it have something to do with the mobo? I've got a Gigabyte P55A-UD4P.

Any answers or leads would be much appreciated, this is such a let down :(

(Also I wasn't sure which subforum to post this in as I can't figure out which piece of hardware it is)

Paulio64

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Oh sorry, seems I absently mindedly left out the main issue.

It seems after my upgrades my system isn't as fast as it was. The one game I have re-downloaded so far, League of Legends, runs at a horrible quality compared to what it was like before. Before I could reach 50-60 FPS in game with maybe Firefox and Skype open. Now with the game open alone I cannot get a steady 30. I can't seem to figure which new device is causing the problem either as dxdiag is recognizing all the hardware and its values.

The one thing I have yet to try is swapping the old RAM back in.

Good start
Eliminate one at a time, with no other changes, so you can clarify which one it is.
In game settings the same?
Any heat issues?
Have you done a performance check to see if theres throttling?
Many things you can do, all without having to do much, theres more, but this is a start

Paulio64

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
So installed the drivers manually (without the Catalyst installer) and now they work.

I'm sorry for kinda wasting your time everyone :/ but I do really appreciate the help.