Video Card IRQ Interuption Problem

G

Every time I play an Internet game that uses 3d my internet disconnects as soon as the graphics pop up. Then I looked in System and realized that the Modem and the graphics card both use the same IRQ 11. Which I assume makes problems for me. So I tried to change it but It wont let me. I use WindowsME as an operating system. Anyways anyone that can tell me how to solve this so i can be on the internet and play 3d games it would be appreciated. Thank you. And my mother board is Procomp BVD2A

dmcmahon

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2001
Try moving the modem board to another slot. Also, try changing the BIOS setting for "plug and play OS" to see if this gives you the ability to change the IRQ under windows. Be sure to tell the BIOS to "clear configuration on next boot" after moving a board, otherwise it stupidly keeps reserving resources for the board in the old slot. Check your motherboard manual (or at the manufacturer's web site) to see if it tells you how the PCI slots are wired to hardware intererrupts. What happens is that some slots share a low-level hardware interrupt and usually at the software level they will end up sharing an IRQ, too.