Hard Drive Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

llpatt97

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Hey Guys,

Recently I've built a new system on my own and have had everything go exceptionally well except one small thing. When i turn my computer on it will splash the screen of my motherboard manufacture then it will try to boot into my OS, it then says (No Hard Disk Detected) then again re-splashes my motherboard manufacture screen like normal and then will boot in windows fine.

My question is how do i make the first boot after the first splash logo go into windows fine?
Do I need to hook up my hard drive into another sata spot or use a different cable?

My motherboard is a Asus p8p67 Pro Rev 3.1, I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3Gb/s hard drive.

Thanks a lot much is appreciated!

Solution
It seems like your HDD is taking too long to report to the BIOS that it is present. On some boards you can have the BIOS wait longer for reports but I do not know where that setting would be on your board. Another option is if you have another HDD you can install windows on that disk and see if the problem goes away. You will at least know that it is the HDD that is not working correctly. You can also try disconnecting all of the other drives from the MB leaving only the boot drive to see if it is another drive causing the slow report to the bios.

llpatt97

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I don't think its that deep of a problem, i read around online and it seems that people were talking about disabling a controller in the bios. Would that help? Maybe i have my hard drive plugged into the wrong sata controller?

It seems like your HDD is taking too long to report to the BIOS that it is present. On some boards you can have the BIOS wait longer for reports but I do not know where that setting would be on your board. Another option is if you have another HDD you can install windows on that disk and see if the problem goes away. You will at least know that it is the HDD that is not working correctly. You can also try disconnecting all of the other drives from the MB leaving only the boot drive to see if it is another drive causing the slow report to the bios.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.