Sign in with
Your question

Help me, I dont know how to build a computer?

Last response: in Systems
February 11, 2012 7:14:54 PM

Hey guys my question is, i have a i3 2100 and i installed it on a h61 asrock mother board but when i put the cpu in the socket with the pins i like wiggle it a lil and heard metal scraping but i checked and no harm done? is it ok?

More about : dont build computer

a b B Homebuilt system
February 11, 2012 7:17:33 PM

Just line up the notches and be sure the cpu is flush with each side of the socket before you lock it down. No need to wiggle.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 11, 2012 8:01:43 PM

Better look carefully to make sure no pins are bent.
m
l
February 11, 2012 8:37:59 PM

thanksforhelplol said:
Hey guys my question is, i have a i3 2100 and i installed it on a h61 asrock mother board but when i put the cpu in the socket with the pins i like wiggle it a lil and heard metal scraping but i checked and no harm done? is it ok?

I know exactly what you are talking about. I just built my first rig a week ago. Putting in the CPU made me light headed. So you set it in there gently and I think you mean you just wiggled it to get a feel for if it is lined up or not, I did the same thing. Then I used the spring/frame mechanism to secure it, and it gives more resistance than one would expect. And as its being locked down it makes this godawful "squeaking" noise as it tightens in.....scared the crap out of me but I've been running a week now just fine with good temps, OC to 4.5 and life is groovy.

So don't sweat it, I guess its supposed to sound like that.
m
l
Related resources
!