Unlocking an Orange p910i for Australia?

Tags:
Last response: in Technologies
March 5, 2005 2:31:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.gsm,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I am going to Australia next week, so rather than paying the price orange
charge for roaming, I was hoping to buy a cheap pay as you go sim card
whilst I was out there.

Problem of course is that the handset is locked to orange, I have other
unlocked nokias I can take with me but was hoping to find a cheap
(preferably free) method of unlocking the p910i for use in Oz?

your help is appreciated

Soupladel
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 2:31:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.gsm,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I am in Oz at the moment, and there is a good special offer in Vodafone
stores here. For $39 (About £15), you can get a Sim card with $30 of
credit and an unlocked Motorola phone, this may be a cheaper option
than paying to get your phone unlocked.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 1:25:16 PM

"Paul S" <paul_sp@msn.com> wrote in message
I am in Oz at the moment, and there is a good special offer in Vodafone
stores here. For $39 (About £15), you can get a Sim card with $30 of
credit and an unlocked Motorola phone, this may be a cheaper option
than paying to get your phone unlocked.

Hi Paul,
What Motorola phone is it? - any idea how long that is on for as I will be
in Australia in May - sounds like a good option!
Cheers,
John.
March 5, 2005 3:01:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.gsm,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"Paul S" <paul_sp@msn.com> wrote in message
I am in Oz at the moment, and there is a good special offer in Vodafone
stores here. For $39 (About £15), you can get a Sim card with $30 of
credit and an unlocked Motorola phone, this may be a cheaper option
than paying to get your phone unlocked.

possibly is the cheaper option, my mate (who I am going to see incidently)
has just moved there and I think he has done the same thing.

I was just hoping I could have used my shiny new p910i :-(

Soupladel
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 8:28:28 PM

"Soupladel" <Soupladel@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am going to Australia next week, so rather than paying the price orange
>charge for roaming, I was hoping to buy a cheap pay as you go sim card
>whilst I was out there.
>
> Problem of course is that the handset is locked to orange, I have other
> unlocked nokias I can take with me but was hoping to find a cheap
> (preferably free) method of unlocking the p910i for use in Oz?
>
> your help is appreciated
>
> Soupladel

from another perspective, is there any software that is available for free
that I could use to unlcok my p910i using the cradle that comes with it?
(dss25)

Soupladel
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 12:45:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.gsm,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Its a C115, nothing fancy but quite nice and small.

I did happen to go into a Vodafone store today, and they were out of
stock of the Motorola, so its possible the offer may be finishing. I
did however notice another good deal there along similar lines, an
Ericsson K200 I think it was, Triband, colour, small, unlocked etc, for
$99 (about £40) with $30 of credit. So if the Motorola isnt available
when you come out, this would also be a good deal in my opinion.

Regards
Paul.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 7:20:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.gsm,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

try http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp

FA: Australian Telstra pre pay sim card. Posted from UK. Bids start at 99p
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=63...

Free $10 credit

Next day uk delivery

Posted from the UK so no import duties to pay like you may have to pay if
you
ordered from Australia and that can be high price and it does happen. Also
all my cards are
posted 1ST class recorded in the UK so no worries about them going missing
in the post.
I will post as soon as i have payment.

I will also help u out for free if you need any help with visas or any other
help on traverling to Australia :)

Suport UK biz :)

Australian Vodafone, Telstra, Virgin and Optus sim card bids starting at 99p
! Vodafone
Cards for sale from £6.99. Telstra sim cards for sale from £9.99
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/experimentalist-co-uk_Australi...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/experimentalist-co-uk_Australi...

Australian and NZ Forum - Upload and view your photos for free.
http://www.poms.co.uk/forum/index.php
Resister for free at
http://www.poms.co.uk/forum/register.php

http://www.poms.co.uk/austsraliansimcard.htm
http://www.simcard.me.uk/australian_sim_card.htm

http://uk.one.ebid.tv/perl/main.cgi?words=experimentali...
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 7:21:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.gsm,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I do u a Vodafone sim for £9.99

!