Which is best nvidia or ati

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnk

Distinguished
I was thinking that there is two graphics card well known companys ati radeon or nvidia. :sol: which will be the best or which can be used for a longer period.can somebody tell me.

please reply,

thanks,

Solution

Cool, hope your 10000 rupees will give you a performance boost and make you happy:).

Helltech

Distinguished
They are both amazing. They both have pros and cons. Also cards trade blows with their competition at least in the 500/6000 series. Everything is on par with each other.

That said, AMD is usually a little bit cheaper. AMD has Eyefinity. Nvidia has surround 3d, CUDA, and Physx. So those are really the things you should be thinking about when you are deciding between each one.

sunnk

Distinguished

so which one i should decide

sunnk

Distinguished

my specs

amd athlon 64 x2 4600+@2.41GHZ

ram 2GB im going to buy 1gb

monitor LG flatron w143c 1360x768 resolution

i current have 400w psu and i m going to buy this psu RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular LED Power Supply because i dint have a pcie connector

so i was thinking ishould buy powercolor hd 6670 because it does not need a pcie connector m i right please help because i m confused i have asked the communication 2 or more time and my budget is 80$ for graphic card

xtreme5

Distinguished
they both are good brand's but i give +1 for nvidia because it have no problem with thier drivers SLI works perfectly and scaling are good too while ATI is not behind it's also give a similar performance of nvidia but unfortunately they have a little bad drivers particularly when using CROSSFIRE like microstrutting. otherwise both are good..

Yes your best option is HD 6670, no need to buy more ram, you need a new whole system to play the latest games at high resolution with great performance, you're CPU is kinda lagging.

The GFX card doesn't need a PCIE power connector, so your current PSU will work without any problem, Also if you want a PSU with PCIE power connectors then pick a true quality branded 500W PSU such as Antec or Cooler Master. Raidmax is a cheap nasty one.

HD 6670 $60 after MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150542

cool07ist

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
both companies are at their best when comes in choosing graphics card.
generally amd( ati radeon) cards consumes less idle and load power than nvidia cards. nvidia cards perform better when antialiasing is turned on compared to amd cards n also consumes more power than amd cards.(talking about latest dx11 gaming with aa maxed on battlefield 3 others not so much...i guess).
to sum up,both cards will run perfectly fine unless u think about overclocking very much higher than stock speeds that any card runs in.

I tend to go with AMD (ATI) since they generally have good price/performance/power consumption ratios. I never had any serious driver issues with their cards.

I also bought nVidia cards in the past, but it seems I buy AMD cards most of the time.

I currently have a Radeon HD 5850 in my gaming rig and a GeForce 9600 GT in my HTPC.

hassanfarooq36

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
i have used both BRANDS.All i want to say performance is approximately equal but according to my experience AMD drivers aren't good as compared to NVIDIA. Nvidia update driver ASAP and good support.Hardware depends upon ur specs and usage.

sunnk

Distinguished

but i have games like crysis 2,dirt3,dead space 2,duke nukem forever,payday the hiest,f1 2011,dead rising 2 off the record they just little bit but i dont like to play game when it lag i currently have nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430 that is why it is lagging when i buy hd 6670 and 1gb ram i dont think it will lag m i right

does your motherboard support pcie 2.0?
if you want to play games at high res and no lag, you will have to increase your budget to accomodate a new pc and a new, higher res. monitor.

Crysis 2 and Dirt 3 Won't run in your system. You might try considering a whole system upgrade.

sunnk

Distinguished

it is running on my system both the game running well but lagging a little bit at med settings.

sunnk

Distinguished

now i am thinking to buy new motherboard and processer

prosser i was thinking to buy amd phenom II x4 840@3.2GHz because it is in my budget around rs6000 in india

i want a good suggestion of motherboard which support this proccesser and ddr3 technology.

and thanks.

iirc phenom ii 840 doesn't have L3 cache as it is a rebranded athlon ii x4. if L3 cache is important to you, you could try to get a ph ii 955 be/965t be. get a good cpu cooler for the cpu.
an am3+ with 970/990x/990fx chipset motherboard will serve you for a while.

Actually on 1080p/720p :lol:

x4 840 is not as good as 955 BE. 955 BE is a fast processor and overclock well just for I think 6500-7000 Rupees. More Worth than 840.

Status
Not open for further replies.