Does a 'Push-Pull' Setup Decrease CPU Temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Not necessarily saying it won't help (I use push/pull on my 212 Evo, and it's around 4-5C cooler than the single fan), but the TPC 812 should be fine with the single fan. Adding the extra fan won't make or break the OC, just help it run slightly cooler.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

So your saying that an extra fan wont do much good?

Im planning to OC 3770k to 4.5ghz... can the tpc 812 with single fan take care of the temps?

Not necessarily saying it won't help (I use push/pull on my 212 Evo, and it's around 4-5C cooler than the single fan), but the TPC 812 should be fine with the single fan. Adding the extra fan won't make or break the OC, just help it run slightly cooler.

Solution

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

What If i add 2 cooler master sikleflow's to the tpc 812, will the better fans help in reducing temps?

depends on your fans. the better they are the more effective they will be. dont bother with any fan that gives less than 75 cfm... its also more effective if the second fan has a slightly higher cfm to compensate for the pressure drop from the air flowing over the fins. its not essential but will increase efficiency a little (1'c).

samuelspark

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

Disagree with closed loop water (just pointless, IMO), but definitely agreed on high end air like a Thermalright Silver Arrow or Noctua NH-D14. Otherwise, custom water is the best way to go.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

But those closed water loops tend to get noisy :(

Yes, definitely. 4.5 might still be pushing it a little, I believe, but the NH-D14 would have a MUCH better chance of doing it at semi-normal temps than a TPC 812 (push/pull, or not).

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

My Cousin has a 3rd fan attached to the d14!

How is this possible? will that 3rd fan decrease temps?

Yeah, you can add a third fan because one of the two it comes with is sandwiched between the two radiators. And yes, it should help lower temp some (but again, it won't be anything close to a miracle, just a few degrees, at most).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS