Corsair vs Cooler Master - Also, case question.

sterlin22

Honorable
May 17, 2012
I went to COMPUSA mainly to ask about their installation fees ( $30 for both the power supply + graphics card upgrades to my ASUS Cm6730 ) and I had one of the tech guys look up my Computer and find out if a standard AXT Power Supply would fit in it, and he said yes. I then asked him if he thought a 600 watt cool master pro modular would work, and he suggested getting a 700 watt and then pointed me to a Corsair GS700. It was cheaper than the Cool Master Pro, and it was NOT modular, they both have decent warranties ( cool master has 5 year, corsair has 3 year ). Also, the Corsair is meant for a single GPU where as the Cooler Master Pro can work for sli, I have no intentions of going into sli, for a very long time at the very least, and so I went with the Corsair.

Just wanted to ask you guys what you think on the topic: Cooler Master Silent Pro vs Corsair Gaming Series for someone wanting a single GPU ( 7850 ) like myself. And if someone could look up my Computer, the ASUS CM6730, and give me their opinion on whether or not the Radeon 7850 and the Corsair Gaming Series GPU can fit into that case, that'd be very appreciated.

Also off topic, both Bestbuy and Compusa did NOT have ANY Radeon GPUs from the 7000 series =/.

nna2

Distinguished
whats the price difference, 20$ i would go for the 600W supply for cable management, and well i looked em both up on newegg and there both 109.99?

the CM one is slightly more efficient too

either one should last you a long time though

sterlin22

Honorable
May 17, 2012
To the person asking what GPU, it's a Sapphire 7850 OC in particular. And thanks for the responses! I have a question specifically for ct1615, how do you know for sure my PSU + GPU will fit?

I'll probably end up sticking with the Corsair regardless, considering I already purchased it, but it's nice to know the differences between the two are very miniscule.

Thanks again for the responses.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on an alternative GPU around the $250 area? Or maybe a different type of 7850 ( sapphire vs powercolor vs visiontek vs gigabyte etc )?

EDIT: In response to rolli59, Bestbuy and Compusa don't yet have the 7k radeon or 600 GTX series, so I'd buy the GPU on Newegg.com or amazon.

sterlin22

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Wish I went for it, but don't really care too much about noise, unless it's unbearably loud or something. If this PSU lasts me 3 years ( that's how long the warranty lasts ) then I'll be thrilled, because In a year or two I'll probably wanna get a new PSU + GPU anyways to stay current.

Still looking for some answers from my previous post though =P.

How much did you pay for that GS600? If you paid more than $60, then I'd return it and get the Seasonic M12II-520w. It's more than enough for your build with a single HD7850, 5yr warranty, rock solid voltage rails, quiet, modular, 80+ Bronze certified and is a great deal right now at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093&Tpk=m12II-520

Just buy it the same time that you get the GPU....saves on taxes, too.

The lack of 180W is not a bad thing because your system doesn't need the extra power unless you plan on doing a Crossfire of 7850s. Your system is not likely to use more power than this highly overclocked i7-965 with a factory OCd HD7850:http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-radeon-hd-7850-power-edition-oc-review/6
That system used 254W at full load; your system will use even less power. The M12II-520 has more than enough power for your planned build and any amount of overclocking you might want to do. How is it better?
1. It meets your system requirements without going overboard.
2. It costs $30-40 less than the GS700.
3. It's 80+ Bronze certified while the GS700 is 80+
4. It is semi-modular.
5. It's made by the arguably the best PSU mfr in the market. CWT makes the GS700. While CWT makes some good PSUs, the GS700 is not on the same performance/reliability level as the M12II-520.