Solved

New gaming build 300-600

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 weeks

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-600) preferably 500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming,encoding/storage,

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, 32 inch lcd 1080i/720p tv , case if budget is to low, os ,dvd

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country: usa

Parts Preferences:

Overclocking: Yes /

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1280x720 1920x1080i

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC not jet engine I
have phenom ii 810 i can reuse :)
need at least 2tb storage
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming build
  1. For gaming, check out my build in my signature. I've got a $400 build in there. Just add in a 2TB HDD and your good to go.
  2. Here is something you can read and get into consideration

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/332705-31-looking-gaming-computer-builds-budgets-click-here

    Your processor is good but if you get an SandyBrige processor you are going to be happier, for more space for upgrades and more performance overal..
  3. horaciopz said:
    Here is something you can read and get into consideration

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/332705-31-looking-gaming-computer-builds-budgets-click-here

    Your processor is good but if you get an SandyBrige processor you are going to be happier, for more space for upgrades and more performance overal..


    lol. His link is my link. My link has ads though. I'm poor and I need to save up some money for college. :/
  4. samuelspark said:
    For gaming, check out my build in my signature. I've got a $400 build in there. Just add in a 2TB HDD and your good to go.


    Good to see you around here, sir.

    I clicked a couple of times your signature link and it sends me to another page... You should check it.

    Edit: Nevermind just read about the adds and just saw the "click here to skip" Lol!

    But brezzybear78 should build his PC looking into an I-3 instead of a celeron, I think that 2TB its too much.. Im using an 500GB one and I dont know how to fill it up lol !
  5. horaciopz said:
    Good to see you around here, sir.

    I clicked a couple of times your signature link and it sends me to another page... You should check it.


    No need to call me sir, I'm probably around your age if not younger. And I put my links through some ads to raise money to go to college.
  6. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148681
    need 2tb more 3tb nas full
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131767
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948
    i do not know about gpu good or bad or gtx560 better
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145315
    extra 8gb vmware
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
    overclock my phenom 2 810 to 3.2ghz
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.826153
    8gb + 750watt

    613 - 30 rebates = 583 total

    im not a fan of intel unless my video encoding improves dramatically i've had 3 dual cores that are dead no overclocking :fou: amd never let me down :lol:
  7. Best answer
    If you are going to SLI or Crossfirex you are fine with that PSU buf if you are planing a single GPU you better get a 550-600 PSU and it will move a gtx-560ti or 6870, even a 6950 or a gtx570 since your phenom is not that hungry power.. Save your cash.

    Wanna get more improvement from AMD? so get a phenom x4 960t for encoding and gaming. A quad core will improve pertty much everything...

    AMD GPU are cheaper and mostly more powerfull than Nvidia´s , so think about this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047ZGIUK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER it is at the range of a GTX560 but its way cheaper...
    135 - 15 MiR = 120bucks

    Processor, this quad core will get overclock to 4.0ghz easly with a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 also if your mobo allow it or lucky enough, you will get full 6 core CPU
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056D5AMY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    $115

    This mobo will help you, its large, nice features but not for SLI or Crossfirex, also it gives you room for a Bullfailzor lol... At least you will have room for some new gen processors like the piledriver:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055Q88EO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    $102

    HDD are expensive but for 2tb i guess this one will do the work

    http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST2000DL003/dp/B004CCS266/ref=pd_cp_e_0
    $110

    Exelent PSU and this will get you more than enough power for years and upgrades to come:

    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Certified-Compatible-Platforms-CMPSU-600CXV2/dp/B004W2T2UQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329057707&sr=8-4
    $60

    I almost forget memory ram

    this are pretty good:

    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-PC3-12800-1600mHz-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B/dp/B004QBUL1C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329057931&sr=1-1
    $55

    Total: $577

    Well thats a good build AMD build and still dont go over your budget. If you really dont want to change your phenom x2, Use the money and get a new AMD Radeon series 7000 ( by these days the 7770-7790 are going to be release) or a nice 6950 for 250 bucks...
  8. horaciopz said:
    If you are going to SLI or Crossfirex you are fine with that PSU buf if you are planing a single GPU you better get a 550-600 PSU and it will move a gtx-560ti or 6870, even a 6950 or a gtx570 since your phenom is not that hungry power.. Save your cash.

    Wanna get more improvement from AMD? so get a phenom x4 960t for encoding and gaming. A quad core will improve pertty much everything...

    AMD GPU are cheaper and mostly more powerfull than Nvidia´s , so think about this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047ZGIUK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER it is at the range of a GTX560 but its way cheaper...
    135 - 15 MiR = 120bucks

    Processor, this quad core will get overclock to 4.0ghz easly with a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 also if your mobo allow it or lucky enough, you will get full 6 core CPU
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056D5AMY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    $115

    This mobo will help you, its large, nice features but not for SLI or Crossfirex, also it gives you room for a Bullfailzor lol... At least you will have room for some new gen processors like the piledriver:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055Q88EO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    $102

    HDD are expensive but for 2tb i guess this one will do the work

    http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST2000DL003/dp/B004CCS266/ref=pd_cp_e_0
    $110

    Exelent PSU and this will get you more than enough power for years and upgrades to come:

    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Certified-Compatible-Platforms-CMPSU-600CXV2/dp/B004W2T2UQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329057707&sr=8-4
    $60

    I almost forget memory ram

    this are pretty good:

    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-PC3-12800-1600mHz-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B/dp/B004QBUL1C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329057931&sr=1-1
    $55

    Total: $577

    Well thats a good build AMD build and still dont go over your budget. If you really dont want to change your phenom x2, Use the money and get a new AMD Radeon series 7000 ( by these days the 7770-7790 are going to be release) or a nice 6950 for 250 bucks...

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047ZGIUK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=vglnk-c1001-20
    gpu 135 $
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056D5AMY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=vglnk-c1001-20
    cpu 115 $
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055Q88EO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=vglnk-c1001-20
    looks good 103 $
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Certified-Compatible-Platforms-CMPSU-600CXV2/dp/B004W2T2UQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329057707&sr=8-4&tag=vglnk-c1001-20 single gpu 60$
    http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST2000DL003/dp/B004CCS266/ref=pd_cp_e_0?tag=vglnk-c1001-20
    hd 110 $
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104173
    looks like better deal and no large heatsinks 40 $
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
    30 $
    I can spend a little over budget on case and fan
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119246 46 $
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060 8 $

    647-15 mir 638 total
    thanks for the suggestions horaciopz
  9. Best answer selected by brezzybear78.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product