Anyone else get a bad Final Fantasy X-2 disk?

I ordered FFX2 and got a disk that was bad; it locked up during the intro
sequence at the same place every time. I returned it to the reseller I
bought it from, they tested it and found that it was indeed a bad disk.
Later when I was playing the new disk it would lock up about 15 hours into
the game at the same place every time. My PS2 unit is new and I have
cleaned both its laser and the CD several times.

It seems pretty odd to get two bad disks in a row. Has anyone else
experienced failures with FFX2 game disks?

ManButter2K6

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
I got a bad copy of FF X-2 when it first came out...the game continued to lock the first time the game goes to the "world map" (where you can pick which location the ship goes to)...I went back to where I bought it and got it exchanged...Maybe you just got a bum copy of the game like I did...See if you can get it exchanged as a defective game from where you bought it from...besides that, can't think of any advice to give you

FYI: This was with my PS2 that I've been using since the system launched (the older, fatter version)...if that helps any