Popup messages won't minimize when clearing the screen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I sometimes use the shortcut key WINDOWS KEY + D to clear the desktop.

I have noticed that sometimes there is a popup window notifying me of
something (like virus found by AVG, or unable to do something, or whatever).

When there is a pop up window like this then WINDOWS KEY + D will shrink all
other open windows but it will not the popup.

How can I get those popup windows to minimize? I am sure I used to see all
windows (including popups) get cleared when I used WINDOW KEY + D.

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:22:01 +0100, David R <beameup@mail.com> wrote:

>I sometimes use the shortcut key WINDOWS KEY + D to clear the desktop.
>
>I have noticed that sometimes there is a popup window notifying me of
>something (like virus found by AVG, or unable to do something, or whatever).
>
>When there is a pop up window like this then WINDOWS KEY + D will shrink all
>other open windows but it will not the popup.
>
>How can I get those popup windows to minimize? I am sure I used to see all
>windows (including popups) get cleared when I used WINDOW KEY + D.

Depends on the program initiating that popup. However, most of them
are not actually Windows. If they are, they would minimize. Otherwise,
you cannot change it.

---Atreju---