Sign in with
Your question
Closed

On Board Graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 13, 2011 5:37:28 PM

Hello

I am upgrading my Mom's computer and looking at the on board graphics cards, she is not a big gamer think the only games she plays is like on Facebook, the question I got should I just stay with the on board graphics or get a separate one and what would be a good one if she doesn't play a lot of games? Let me know

More about : board graphics

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2011 6:15:30 PM

on-board is plenty for everyday use (don't know what system u got so can't judge) but any separate card will help anyway. like i picked up gforce 210 for 10$ in compusa the other day, its great for my uncles everyday use and few games.

If you building new system just get APU, like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

motherboard+apu(cpu)+ram thats all you need to make good everyday PC (video is build in), im using one next to TV to stream blueray movies
a c 181 U Graphics card
December 14, 2011 12:12:36 AM

You need to post what kind of computer and what is in it to help. That way we can help get a proper video card if she even needs one and if she does need one then how big of a card and that would be depending on the size of your power supply, ram, and CPU. But from what you have decribed then it should be no bigger than a GT430.
Score
Related resources
a c 359 U Graphics card
December 14, 2011 12:31:54 AM

Typically integrate graphics card is good enough for everyday tasks and simple flash type games.

You need to provide better details for better help.
Score
December 14, 2011 1:13:53 AM

Best answer selected by jale1966.
Score
!