Hi all,

I played with PowerToy Tweak UI, and I don't know what I did that all of
my icons (on the desktop, quick launch, and in the Start menu) are all
showed in 16 colors!

I know that this should be easy, but I've spent almost two hours looking
here-and-there without any luck.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance!
Willianto

"Willianto" <willianto@remove-me.telkom-and-me.net> wrote:

>I played with PowerToy Tweak UI, and I don't know what I did that all of
>my icons (on the desktop, quick launch, and in the Start menu) are all
>showed in 16 colors!

Make sure that these Registry settings exist in
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]:
"Shell Icon BPP"="16"
"Shell Icon Size"="32"

--
(tm)

Thorsten,

Thanks for your reply. Anyway, I ended up reformat my hard drive.
Besides the problem I posted, playing with the TweakUI, had made my
system couldn't use multi display, fail to run MS Enterprise Manager
(from the SQL Server), and had trouble to switch between opened program
(the apps stayed minimized no matter what).

Obviously, I send TweakUI to trash for good!

WBR,
Willianto
"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Willianto" <willianto@remove-me.telkom-and-me.net> wrote:
>
> >I played with PowerToy Tweak UI, and I don't know what I did that all
of
> >my icons (on the desktop, quick launch, and in the Start menu) are
all
> >showed in 16 colors!
>
> Make sure that these Registry settings exist in
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]:
> "Shell Icon BPP"="16"
> "Shell Icon Size"="32"
>
> --
> (tm)