No signal on Monitor please assist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraakenDazs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
I've recently completed my first computer build. I double checked every connexion, followed every manual indications, checked numerous online tutorials and an hour ago i felt like i was done!

...but now, ive hooked up the build to my monitor, keyboard and mouse.... turns out, the power turns on, the mouse seems reactive, the fans are spinning, including those that are plugged into the mobo and not directly into the psu.

I can open my dvd drive, i can use all the front panel connections, no problem.

BUT, my 19'' monitor still tells me ''No signal''

Anyone has any advice on this? I've scoured the net for an hour or so, but there seems to be so many different ways this could have went wrong, im not sure in which order to check. I dont have access to a second monitor sadly to compare, but it worked fine on another computer a month ago. I've just spent the last 8 hours on it, carefully plugging everything in place and doublechecking, so now im kinda stumped, and mildly frustrated =P

Thanks!

CPU: Intel i5 2500k +Hyper212+ cooler
Mobo-Gigabyte z68 UD3H-B3 (Monitor is plugged into mobo, since the GPU's ports were not standard format for it.)
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (8GB)
PSU: XFX 850W
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 570

Solution
Have you tried all the connectors on the back of the 570?
Give the plug a wriggle just to make sure its seated correctly.
Also some monitors allow you to switch inputs , check your monitor if it has a source button and go thru each one on the iputs it displays.

monsta

Splendid
Have you tried all the connectors on the back of the 570?
Give the plug a wriggle just to make sure its seated correctly.
Also some monitors allow you to switch inputs , check your monitor if it has a source button and go thru each one on the iputs it displays.

Solution

KraakenDazs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Well, this will be embarassing.

Turns out the problem was one of those bugs sitting between the computer and the chair.

A VGA adapter was provided with the GTX. Unfortunately, it had accidentally attached itself through a thin stripe of tape to the box, away from all the other adapters that came with the card itself, prompting me to figure out there was no such adaptor. Everything seems to be working fine now...

I'm leaving this up as a testimony of how the stupidest answer is usually the right one...

Thanks Monsta for taking the time to reply. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.