Power supply and temp questions

G

Hey all,

I've been posting here alot wondering about my prebuilt gateway, this is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-FX6860-UR20P-Gaming-Desktop-Black/dp/B0050JSJU4

Well today some odd things started happening in HWmonitor, I was monitoring my temperatures in idle, the cpu is an I7-2600 sandy bridge 3.4 ghz, and normally they sit around 35-38 and don't move maybe but 1-2 degrees in idle every once in awhile.

However, now the core temps are constantly changing in idle, and core 0 spiked from 38-47c, then back down to 38 instantly, and the package watt consumption is constantly changing, ranging from 5.42W-26.63W when I was doing a virus scan, which found nothing.

Even as I type this now, the temps are fluctuating, but between 36-39c and some cores even hitting 40c, with just firefox open, I don't know what's going on, since it's never done this before, and I downloaded coretemp too, and the same thing happens there, any ideas?

Thanks.

vjshgl

Honorable
May 29, 2012

it happened with me too also long , time ago first thing you should do is to open the tower and clean the dust, and if you are good at hardware then open the processor unit and see if the coolent past is intact. But according to a tutorial i read at www.windowsphonesupport.com you should try to reformat your pc or reset the bios if you can take backup of your data because that will clarify that you have hardware or software issue ,because it can happen because of kernel panic.

vjshgl

Honorable
May 29, 2012
It happened with me too also long , time ago first thing you should do is to open the tower and clean the dust, and if you are good at hardware then open the processor unit and see if the coolent past is intact. But according to a tutorial i read at www.windowsphonesupport.com you should try to reformat your pc or reset the bios if you can take backup of your data because that will clarify that you have hardware or software issue ,because it can happen because of kernel panic.