France/Provence

Last response: in Technologies
March 10, 2005 3:41:09 PM

I am going to spend a month in Provence (near Saint-Remy) in May.

I have an unlocked Nokia 6310i GSM phone and would like to buy a French SIM
upon my arrival in Paris.

Does anyone have a strong opinion on which French GSM company would suit me
best (price, coverage Paris/Provence), and are there any "bureaucratic
hoops" to jump through to be able to buy the SIM?

TIA

Franz

More about : france provence

March 10, 2005 8:39:47 PM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:41:09 GMT, "Dr. Franz Blaha"
<fblaha1@neb.rr.com> wrote:

>I am going to spend a month in Provence (near Saint-Remy) in May.
>
>I have an unlocked Nokia 6310i GSM phone and would like to buy a French SIM
>upon my arrival in Paris.
>
>Does anyone have a strong opinion on which French GSM company would suit me
>best (price, coverage Paris/Provence), and are there any "bureaucratic
>hoops" to jump through to be able to buy the SIM?

http://www.prepaidgsm.net

March 13, 2005 9:22:56 AM

When i travel, i just stop in a convenience store or phone store and ask on
arrival.
In most GSM countries, convenience stores will sell recharge cards but not
necessarily sim cards. Phone stores normally carry sim cards.

no need to buy in advance of you travel, unless you need to call someone
right upon landing. you could always use your US gsm phone in roaming mode
to make a quick call or send an SMS.