Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

External graphics card for FSX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 13, 2011 11:43:40 PM

I want to replace my integrated graphics on my Xeon processor. Since my PC is too small I have to resort to external graphics.
Any good ones for around 50 dollars?
a c 1410 U Graphics card
December 13, 2011 11:58:06 PM

No external solutions are expensive and not worth the money!
m
0
l
December 14, 2011 12:12:40 AM

rolli59 said:
No external solutions are expensive and not worth the money!

Is there another solution besides putting a gpu in my pc
m
0
l
Related resources
December 14, 2011 12:21:45 AM

Pyree said:
Do you mean you need dedicated GPU for your slim tower to play FSX?

Read this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/328028-33-profile-gra...

Also list your specification.

Lenovo m58p. Extremely small. about the size of the new xbox slim.
Intel Pentium III xeon @ 3.00 GHz
upgraded RAM 4GB
sad 280 watt power supply
sad 140 GB hard drive(thinking of getting external one)
Win7 32 bit pro
Currently running integrated Q45/Q43 graphics.

With low graphics, high end add- on plane, and Fraps...I can get around 15-20 FPS with gamebooster running. I got as low as 2 fps once.

Sometimes my computer goes on steroids and runs at 50 fps with slightly blurry graphics.
m
0
l
December 14, 2011 12:27:59 AM

Pyree said:
Do you mean you need dedicated GPU for your slim tower to play FSX?

Read this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/328028-33-profile-gra...

Also list your specification.

My friend gave me his asus p6t motherboard.
I was gonna make a computer out of it but I calculated it would at least be $600 and I don't have that money laying around.
m
0
l
a c 194 U Graphics card
December 14, 2011 2:13:54 AM

Do you have the sff or usff? The usff doesn't even have a pcie slot but the sff can fit low profile cards.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2011 2:21:53 AM

creative_name said:
I want to replace my integrated graphics on my Xeon processor. Since my PC is too small I have to resort to external graphics.
Any good ones for around 50 dollars?

That weak old CPU will never run FSX in a million years and since you cannot upgrade to a decent GPU anyway your only choice is to build a new rig from scratch to play FSX.
m
0
l
!