bdifulgo

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I am a novice attempting my first PC build for a home workstation. Purchased the following:
-Thermaltake Soprano RS 101 case
-Thermaltake TR2 600W power supply
-ASUS P8P67 WS Revoution MOBO with LGA1155 cpu socket
-Intel Core i5-2500K LGA1155 processor
-Biostar VA5755NHG1 Radeon HD5750 1024MB DDR5 HDMI/DVI/VGA graphics card
-Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB x4 Ram
-Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB 5400 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-Liteon HAS424-98 B internal DVD/CD SATA
-OEM windows 7 64 bit

**I followed the motherboard instructions to the letter and got all the components installed, connected to the power supply and connected all the cables to the proper location on the motherboard.
-I located the graphics card in the first blue PCIe slot furthest away from the CPU on the MOBO, connected the power supply to the back of the card.
-I connected a VGA cable to my monitor, plugged USB keyboard and standard mouse to the back panel ports of MOBO.
-connected to power and turned machine on.
-it starts the fans, they kick off for a couple of seconds and it then kicks on again and everything seems to be running inside the machine but I get "No Connection" on monitor. I am expecting to see the Bios so I can set up the OS, but nothing.
***Are there any tricks that will allow me to see the Bios on the monitor so I can Install the OS?
***Are there any key connections I need to check that affect the Monitor?
Best Regards,
Brian

bdifulgo

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

Catafish:
Thanks for replying. If you look at this mobo specs www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_WS_Revolution
you will notice there is no direct connection to the mobo for a monitor. Most of my research shows that only low end mobo's offer integrated graphics with the mobo.

i was under the impression that any graphics card Biostar VA5755NHG1 will work in low end VGA mode to allow us to see the bios when we first start up, is this true?

so, now I am thinking it is a bad video card but I don't have a another PCIe card to try or another machine with PCIe slots to verify if the card works. I have 3 year computer protection from Geek squad at best buy and i get 3 computers protected under this program and only have 1 unit registered so far. Thinking of bringing unit to them to see if they can check it out.

thoughts?

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
1) The video card fan is spinning?
2) Does the monitor have input controls on it that you can fiddle with on the monitor itself? For instance, on my monitor on the side I have to select Input, then use the arrows to scroll to PC before I can see anything on it.

bdifulgo

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

Catafish,
Yes the fan on the card was spinning. I have two monitors I tried. I actually forgot to try and modify the settings on the Acer 21" monitor so I will give that the old college try and see if it works.
I will let you know how I make out with this suggestion.
Thanks,
Brian