Window 7 Professional

t_mueller84

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Can someone tell me does Windows 7 Professional have remote access like Windows XP Professional? I would like to be able to remote into my pc from my laptop when I'm out of town ideally. Second I currently have Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop, is there a way to put Windows 7 Professional on this laptop? I've heard you couldn't because the laptop was spec'd for Vista Home Premium and I wanted to see if there was any truth to that. Finally if you could go from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional should I make the O.S. change by upgrade package or purchasing the full retail of Windows 7 Professional?

Thank you for your time in advance to the person who replies.

Solution
Windows 7 Professional I believe has the full range of Remote Desktop features available in Windows 7. Remoting into it should not be a problem.

As for going from Vista Home Premium to 7 Professional, I wouldn't bother doing an upgrade.... it's much easier and safer to back up your data, wipe the drive out and do a clean install.
Windows 7 Professional I believe has the full range of Remote Desktop features available in Windows 7. Remoting into it should not be a problem.

As for going from Vista Home Premium to 7 Professional, I wouldn't bother doing an upgrade.... it's much easier and safer to back up your data, wipe the drive out and do a clean install.

Solution

t_mueller84

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Thank you for the quick response, I noticed you mentioned the drive out, that's what my next question was going to be. It's from my understanding that when you rebuild the O.S. the old information is not completely erased off the hard drive. Do you have any software recommendations for wiping the hard drive completely clean?

TRENDING THREADS