Windows 8 PCI x1 wireless N adapter

exactoman

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Ok, I've looked for a good adapter, and the only one that seems to have the most reliable drivers and connections are the ASUS PCE-AC66 , but those are 106 bucks with tax , give or take. I tried the TP-Link WDN4800 , but it was only picking up 2 to 3 bars from 9 or so meters and kept going in and out , plug and play for windows 8 my a22 - the thing has three antennas.

I was thinking that the perfect choice would be a PCI x1 wireless adapter for mini pci-express cards along side a Intel Ultimate N Centrino , but all those adapter are cheaply made , and I don't want the D8mn thing burning down my house. I don't know what to get.

exactoman

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Their high performance adapters have not seen good reviews as far as I've seen , and also I read one guy complaining about the beta windows 8 drivers they have. In fact, another reviewer complained about how it would go in and out just like the TP-Link Adapter I had mentioned in the original question.

Hi :)

They are fine, we sell them in my shops and never had any back... and they DON'T use beta drivers... they have 8 drivers in the box...

All the best Brett :)

exactoman

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

BUT the beta drivers totally work . I'm only buying netgear from now on. I bought the N900 WiFi Dual Band USB Adapter WNDA4100 and it works insanely well with my N300 single band Netgear router. I would imagine that it works good with dual band now that they have updated their drivers - I guess they were having driver problems when it fist came out. I'm totally happy with it.
Thanks for your advice.