falloux85

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my DIY CPU recently. The problem is that it can't be switch on normally,using the power button on the CPU. Nothing happens if I were to press it but the button is working fine since it can be used to switch it off.

The only way to switch on the CPU is to"jump start" it, meaning I have to keep switching on and off the CPU power socket switch till it switches on. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
It is possible that your PSU is failing, had that same thing happen a couple of times with crappy PSU's! What is the brand and model of your PSU?

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
By using the "power button on the cpu" I would assume you mean on the case?? If you do I would ensure all of your case wires are properly secured to your motherboard and in the correct order as well. When it comes to those little wires color does not always correspond with the motherboard. Make sure to look at your motherboard and case manual to ensure all wires are connected and in the proper places:)

falloux85

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Yes, the case power button. But if the wires aren't connected properly, I shouldn't be able to switch of the CPU using case power button right?

Rolli59 it's a corsair ax750 gold. Less than a year old.