What card do I need to run every last game on max settings?

Hey guys,

I just bought a new gaming computer and this is the first time I'm even setting up a computer by myself, and I got an evga 570 gtx superclocked. It's a really nice card, but I can't really max out Batman Arkham City.. I mean, it's playable but I don't like the stuttering when I turn around too fast or when there's too many enemies in the screen, so I lowered things a bit, this is the res that I can play without any lag at all:

http://s12.postimage.org/qhr69k5a5/asdasdasd.jpg

I'm wondering, if I get a 2nd gtx 570, will I be able to max out every game out there? Even bf 3? And hopefully have some power to spare for the next games to come for the next.. say 1 year?

My pc specs:

i5 2500k @4.6ghz
8gb gskill ripjaws 1600
2x 120gb ocz vertex 3
GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
and a xion 1k psu

I'm not sure my motherboard is veery good because it was kinda cheap (~$120), but I dont think it will hold back my computer, will it?

Thanks a lot!
13 answers Last reply
More about what card game settings
  1. pretty much would Almost do it. 2x590's would definitely do it for a while Anyway.
  2. That's a good combo to max out everything. BF3 is currently the most demanding game, and it should run at full max with your system. Your motherboard supports SLI and everything else looks good.
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/02/battlefield_3_single_player_performance_iq_review/
  3. Another 570 will definately let you max out games and give you better performance for your system easily for another year...... BF3 is a really greedy game!
  4. 17seconds said:
    BF3 is currently the most demanding game

It can't touch Metro 2033 in that department.
  5. jyjjy said:
    It can't touch Metro 2033 in that department.

Yup!

Also what resolution do you play at?
  6. Metro 2033, Crysis 2 DX11, BF3.... all of those are demanding and all of them are playable @ ultra settings with the GTX 570.
    So a second one in SLI is a superb idea.
  7. I heard 570 SLI Is a very good setup. It will be good when you are trying to max everything all out especially Metro 2033 which is the most demanding game today.
    Here is an article showing on how it performs. http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-sli-review/
  8. By the setup you've got I would go for another 570 card if you have lag issues, then you will have a great computer for quite some time!
  9. Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure I'm getting another 570 for xmas!

---

ps, wont it bottleneck my processor?
  10. You will def be happy with the 570 SLI, its a great set up with your oc 'ed 2500K....enjoy!
  11. tutstuts said:
    Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure I'm getting another 570 for xmas!

---

ps, wont it bottleneck my processor?

Your CPU can drive up 4 GTX 580s in SLI. No it wouldn't bottleneck.
  12. ilysaml said:
    Your CPU can drive up 4 GTX 580s in SLI. No it wouldn't bottleneck.

A 2500 would bottleneck a bit at that point, it could run about 3 580s with no bottleneck. Two 590s just bottleneck a 2500, so...
  13. FtsArTek said:
    A 2500 would bottleneck a bit at that point, it could run about 3 580s with no bottleneck. Two 590s just bottleneck a 2500, so...

Who told you so ? GTX 590s Quadfire & HD 6990s Quadfire were tested in a system equipped with the i7 965X, the articles didn't state any bottleneck.
    And a member on Overclockers forums stated running Quad GTX 580s with 990X @ 5.0 GHz without any issue, 2500K is stronger than those CPUs. Also, a third or fourth card in CF/SLI doesn't add a much value for performance. So you're fine anyhow.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics