Why is my brand new 6950 2gb under preforming?

cyrashapa

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
i bought the 6950 2g card and built my new comp to eventually run XFire so i bought a new MOBO the ASUS crosshair V formula AM3 and another 6950. so back to the card problem i said hey if im doing this i might aswell see what im getting right now befor i upgrade and reading for the last few days i have seen people use the SIsandra and heaven both of which i seem to under preform in heaven i got a 790 with 4xa 4xaa running DX11 shaders high and tess normal at 1920x1080

Reading posts people are useing 5700s getting that type of stats i do not see why mine is so low i dont want to OC if i dont need to. I dont want to flash BIOS till my new MOBO comes but i dont see what the problem would be on why im getting these low frames if anyone could point me to the right direction and maybe hopefuly i wont have any problems when the MOBO and new card comes for XFire

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
1- Which CPU you are using?
2- Compare single vs crossfire results. Could be that your crossfire isn't enabled.
3- Which PSU are you using? Could be that it isn't powering up correctly the system

cyrashapa

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
im running an I5 I currently dont have the second card or the new MOBO so i cant test it out im just concerned about my one card running poorly my current MOBO is a P7PP5 LX with 4g ram which im upgradeding aswell for xfire

cyrashapa

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Im not a pro at this no not atall but the person i was talking to said the MOBO would run with the I5... and i have no installed crossfire nor the MOBO yet i just ordered them -because the tech guy i was talking too aka my friend said it would be compatible-

welll, what EXACT I5 cpu and motherboard do you currently have? i can tell you now you cant run an AM3 motherboard with an Intel CPU, its a totally different make and different socket and it wont fit/work. Tell us what I5 cpu you have and we can help direct you to a good motherboard, your tech guy AKA friend must have been on drugs when he suggested an overpriced crosshair AMD motherboard for your intel CPU. instead of running heaven bench, try running 3Dmark. Heaven often gives odd results. Hell, load up a game and see if it runs well. make sure all your drivers are up to date.