Radeon HD 6770, is something wrong?

sikros

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hey guys.

Yesterday i recieved my new 6770 graphics card aswell as a new (600W) PSU to support it. After some time I finally got it working, and i went to canirunit.com to see what wonders my new card could do. But my card failed to even reach the recommended requirements for Skyrim, because it appearently only had 618.6 MB video ram, even though it should have 1gb.
Should I be concerned? Or is this perfectly normal?

On a side note, neither GPU-z nor CPU-z is able to give me any data about the card.

Thanks in advance!

sikros

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
I'm pretty sure I have all the drivers, and the desktop properties says:
Dedicated Videocard memory: 1024MB
System Videocard memory: 0 MB

Well actually it doesn't, because my system language isn't english, but i figured that's probably what it would say in english :)

jdw_swb

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008

Don't worry about canirunit.com as it reports my 6870 as only have 680MB memory. Their system obviously has a problem detecting the properties of graphics cards.

sikros

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

According to 3DMARK, my score is low compared to similar system :S

EDIT: After looking closer at the results, i can see that my GPU is actually performing better than others. But my CPU is performing a little worse, no biggie though :)

get GPU-Z and open it and run something graphics intensive and watch. The place you went will see the card in it's "idle' mode and will show the results of a card not being used. Video cards under clock themselves when in "idle" usage.