• Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 14, 2011 1:53:40 PM

hi
my system configuration is:
win 7 ultimate 32 bit
RAM 2gb ddrII
nvidia gforce 8400m gs

in my system sims 3, mlb 2k10 and world snooker championship 2009 were installed. 3 days earlier sims 3 started to give very low fps and gets hanged. it gives as low fps as 1 frame per 2-3 second. it started after when i installed the sims resource installed and granny crowd demo software. but i unistalled them at the same time. next day i tried to play it again but the same issue occurs again. then i cleaned the fan and heat sink. scanned the whole system with kaspersky and even installed the windows again. but the issue is still there and now even in the other games as well. even counter strike gets lagged in single player mode where i usualy get 100 constant fps.
i even get nvidia latest driver and made vsync off.

''PLEASE HELP ME...'' very tensed as i am unable to play a single game.

More about : fps issues games

December 14, 2011 1:57:28 PM

nvidia is 256 mb
processor is core 2 duo
and mostly all back end processes are closed. even the anti virus
Score
December 14, 2011 2:05:49 PM

What resolution are you playing at ?

What size is your monitor ?

and that graphics card isn't very good, sorry.
buy a new graphics card.

Or your PSU might not be giving enough power or dying.

What is your CPU too ?

Score
Related resources
December 14, 2011 2:08:01 PM

Have you looked up your ram usage while in-game?
Score
December 14, 2011 2:20:52 PM

fuggles said:

buy a new graphics card.

What is your CPU too ?

i was playing mlb on 1024x800 and sims on 800x600 and my screen size is 15.6 inches.
i know its quite old graphic card but as this is my laptop so i cannot upgrade it.
and my laptop is dell vostro 1510
Score
December 14, 2011 2:21:36 PM

Sirrsjutt said:
Have you looked up your ram usage while in-game?

yes its around 1.45 gb at the max
Score
December 14, 2011 2:22:02 PM

fuggles said:

buy a new graphics card.

What is your CPU too ?

I agree with fuggles in that chances are your PSU could be dying and that your graphics card is too low end for any serious gaming (I myself used to have a 9400GT).

I doubt it has anything to do with your RAM.

From how you put your problems, before most of the games mentioned could be played at a playable frame rate. Is this correct?
Score

Best solution

December 14, 2011 2:50:50 PM

I'm using an old dell inspiron with a core 2 duo and 8400gs that I got when I went off my freshman year to college in '07. It might suck, but it runs cs and cs source FINE and all those other games it could it could as well. It can run tf2 maxed w/o aa at 1680 and basically any game you are talking about. It can run crysis 2 and world in conflict at medium details so yeah, it's not your graphics card even though I know the 8400gs sucks. Must be something else wrong with your computer; especially since it's a laptop and those can always get something messed up in them.

December 14, 2011 2:52:10 PM

it's a dell, just throw it away, Lol

But seriously, try cleaning you fan exhaust, it might have collected dust and something is overheating

Score
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2011 3:13:05 PM

It's because your laptop is just plainly terrible. It was never made for gaming even years back.
Score
December 14, 2011 3:35:24 PM

fuggles said:
it's a dell, just throw it away, Lol

But seriously, try cleaning you fan exhaust, it might have collected dust and something is overheating

i already did that. but still no effect.. also swapped the both 1GB ram. however it affected the fps for a short time but then again it went back to the same 1-2 fps
and if it was the issue of low graphics then how come i was able to play COD MW3 and NBA 2k12. such high graphics games.
Score
December 14, 2011 3:37:47 PM

samuelspark said:
It's because your laptop is just plainly terrible. It was never made for gaming even years back.

i know it is a business laptop but i made it a gaming one which runs cod mw3, nba 2k12 and gta 4. however this issue came from a few days back only
Score
December 14, 2011 3:38:38 PM

Best answer selected by Abhinav90.
Score
!