Problems with my New BUild

brokenice

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I am having some serious problems with my new build and I think it has to do with Windows 7 or my RAM. I am not really sure.

This exactly what I have as my PC components.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4bVr with Windows 7 Home Premium OEM

I OC'd my PC to 4.5Ghz at 1.32v. Ran very stable with 3hours of Prime95 testing and ran a Intel Burn Test 5times.

First off, I would like to say thank you to anyone and everyone that helps.

The problem am having is load time with Windows 7 and then what happens after Windows7 is loaded up.
It takes about 13seconds(this time is different on each restart. Sometimes it is way longer) to get off the Windows 7 logo and then it goes to black for about another 10seconds, where I can see the mouse. Then I hit the log in screen and I log in and get stuck at the welcome screen. This takes about 20seconds to log in and then I am waiting for all my start up programs to load. From what I can see it is only about like 3-4 programs in my msconfig: Realtek HDAudo, Razer mouse, Razer keyboard.

While all these programs are loading, I can't do anything with my PC. It takes forever it seems. I try clicking on the little arrow on the bottom right to see what is loaded and the computer practically locks up for 3seconds.

Once everything is loaded, everything is going really damn slow. Nothing is running smoothly anymore for about 20seconds . I do not know what the problem is.

The only thing that I did differently from last night to this morning was put the back side panel on the PC. (temps are still running and a low temperature 30-40c.)

Also, I do not think it is my OC because I went back to factory settings and I was still having the problem.

If I remember correctly, when I first installed Windows 7, instead of having a nice WIndows 7 background, it was Black for some reason. I don't know why that is. I heard that if the Windows7 background is black, it can cause for a long waited welcome message screen. So I changed the background to what is suppose to be the default Windows background. I still got the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

BTW: Yesterday, it seemed my Windows and everything was working perfectly. I thought the Windows load was a bit slow but I wasn't really sure but once I loaded in everything ran smoothly. I even was able to play all my PC games for hours and had no problems.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the PC run fine after everything runs smoothly. I can run BF3 great and everything great. I just don't understand why I have such a big problem restarting the PC or turning it on. Windows 7 is taking forever to load.

QuietPC

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
After the system has finally loaded have you:

1) checked to make sure you have the latest drivers? (are you using the latest nVidia drivers and not the windows defult driver for video?)
2) is the bios current?
3) have you defragged the hdd?
4) did you register your windows license? a black screen can be indicative of a pirated or previously used license

There is a program I run periodically and always after a complete install called CCleaner. I run it to check the registry to clean any unused or conflicting software. Might try that as well.