GPU wont fit in my current case.

KorSea80

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I recently bought a GTX 570 SC and I realized it wouldn't fit in my computer.

In my current case the PCIe slot is just off enough that the GTX 570 doesn't line up with the slot in the back, not to mention the slot in the back is just too small for the ports of the GTX 570 to sit correctly in the back of the computer.

My current computer is:

NZXT GAMMA Gaming Tower (ibuypower pc)
M4N68T-M V2 Asus motherboard.
AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8GHz)
ATI Radeon HD 5570
4GB (2GB x 2) DDR3 1333
480W power supply

I was thinking about buying a Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case, since I know it can support that motherboard and just move the components into the new case (with some upgrades).

So I am hoping the finished product will look like this:

Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case
M4N68T-M V2 Asus motherboard.
AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8GHz)
Nvidia GTX 570 SC
8GB (4GB x2) DDR3 1600 (already bought)
850w power supply (already bought)

^I would like to try to keep this set up as long as possible before I have to think about upgrading anything else. Getting a new case was an unexpected surprise, but I can deal with shelling out $50 more, but I don't want to have spend over $100, since I spent so much getting the power supply, GPU and ram.

So, basically I am wondering will I have issues moving the components over to the new case. I feel like there shouldn't be an issue but I want to make sure.

Also, This is for gaming, but nothing too off the charts. I am not going to play Crysis or anything like that. I usually play MMOs, like TERA, EVE, Rift, SWTOR, The Secret World( if this new setup can run it well) or RPGs, like Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Mass Effect.

It would be nice to at least to be able to run TERA or SWTOR with minimal to no lag/issues. That was the goal at least when I bought the new graphics card.

Solution
all seems good and should work, why dont you overclock your CPU a bit, I know it can take a bit of overclocking to maybe 3.6 - 3.8GHz, Then I woudl be surprised if you get any lag on any game at 1080p

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
all seems good and should work, why dont you overclock your CPU a bit, I know it can take a bit of overclocking to maybe 3.6 - 3.8GHz, Then I woudl be surprised if you get any lag on any game at 1080p

Solution

KorSea80

Honorable
May 30, 2012

I may, but I have never overclocked anything. So, I don't know where to start and I always have that fear I may short something out.

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

if you overclock it too much, the computer will restart with default settings and it would be as if nothing had happened, overclocking is easy, when I first tried it I was crapping my self but it went well and I did make a little mistake and overclocked it too much but it just went back to default clock speed.

Support_CM

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I suggest you spend 10 dollars more and get the Haf 912, easier to work with and the airflow upgradability is better than the Elite 430.

The Elite 430 will fit everything though.