Converting a win 95/98 game to win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhmaria

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hello, I want to buy an old cool game for the PC called The House of the Dead and it says it is for win 95/98 and I am running win 7, will it automatically convert itself or do I need some type of software?

Solution
You can just google "the house of the dead windows 7" it is compatible, it just doesn't state windows 7 because the game was released before windows 7 was. What's most important is the game needs to be 32 or 64 bit if the os is 64 bit, 16 or 32 bit on a 32 bit os. Otherwise you need something like dosbox to run a lower bit software.
You can just google "the house of the dead windows 7" it is compatible, it just doesn't state windows 7 because the game was released before windows 7 was. What's most important is the game needs to be 32 or 64 bit if the os is 64 bit, 16 or 32 bit on a 32 bit os. Otherwise you need something like dosbox to run a lower bit software.

Solution

dkcihu

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I Know that it works with XP, so you might be able to run it in XP Compatibility mode. But if not, like k1114 said, you will need dosbox. It will run, but it might take a few extra steps to get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.