NZXT Switch 810 I/O LED's not working?

z0ki

Honorable
May 16, 2012
Hey guys i built my rig connected everything as i should and its working great but the 2 LED lights at the rear for the I/O shield do not work when i press the button on the front..any ideas at all? The HDD LED and power light work though. There is a sata power connector on the side of the case where cable management is would that be the power for the LED's?

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
i dont think a sata would be connected to the led"s.all i can think of is to find the cable running from the led"s and follow its path to see where it goes,this should help you see where it should be connected

G

Hey There Chief,

The SATA power cable definitely powers the LEDs in the back. The front panel audio jack, the reset button and the LED power button are on a separate circuit board from the rest of the front panel. I had to have that board replaced because everything on the board is one assembly and the aforementioned SATA was malformed during manufacturing.

Try the following:

1. Be sure that SATA cable is connected and undamaged. My sheathing was malformed with exposed bare wire. This was replaced by NZXT, free of charge.

2. Make sure you press the LED power button in all the way. This seems simple enough, but I actually have to push mine in with my fingernail because mine doesn't stick out enough. You should hear an audible click when it is fully depressed.

3. Make sure the LED wire connects properly to the front panel assembly. There is a two pin connector and at least two points where the wires are joined together. Make sure there are not breaks in the line.

4. If all else fails try contacting NZXT. Use their forum http://www.nzxt.com/support/ or call them at 1-626-228-1150. They are on Pacific Time and they take a 1.5 hour lunch break. They are, however courteous and helpful. Just be sure to follow up on anything they promise to do for you.