BF3 and my new 6870

dharmenparikh

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I assume you've uninstalled your drivers and tried the usual stuff?

Have you tried playing at a lower resolution with lower settings?

If that doesn't work then do a full format of windows...reinstall the game...and latest AMd drivers...this should fix it.

If it doesn't then your graphic card might have an issue. Do other games work fine?

dennis555

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Well, as of lately, there has been the new Back to Karkand DLC. I've heard that its been causing "dropout/freezing/crashing," and perhaps that is the problem. Just wait for EA/Dice to release some more patches if this is the case. If it's something else then I'm sure we'll be able to help you.

Kevtech

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

This OS is semi new about 5 weeks old but I could wipe and reinstall windows 7 32bit. None origin games work fine lol, I really think its ORIGIN, I also have need for speed "The Run" game installed and it dose same thing as BF3 yet BC2 a none Origin game works perfect!

I did how ever notice this video card would drop out with BF3 at about 61 cel and most people reported these cards running up to 75 cel. I did change the power supply yesterday for a 750 watt but it did the same thing and dropped out at about 61 cel, so it wasn't the PSU!

Just for the record BF3 after the last patch and ATI driver 11.12 was installed the game would play at medium settings and not crash/drop out, anything higher and poof... and I noticed when the game was set to higher settings it would crash/drop out 3 to 4 times after being set back to medium settings and then the game would seem to become stable again on medium settings!