Asus Maximus Gene V - ALC889 Realtek issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItalianAsus

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Hi guys,
I’m expecting some problems with my brand new Asus Gene V:

I'm using the integrate SupremeFX III (ALC889 based) audio card for gaming and multimedia listening but randomly sounds disappear for about 1 second then re-appear.

On last time, also Realtek (not Creative MB2 software) control panel will continue to display a jack reinsertion (not true).

I've already updated it to lastest Realtek (not ASUS) version 6.0.1.6602.

No freeze or stuttering encour, mouse will free to move and video stream will continue to playback without problems.

CPU usage will every time on 3% - 7%, disabled all useless services on startup but no success.

This thing is very strange.

Using my USB sound card of Siberia v2 all works flawlessly (CPU decreased to 0-2%) but I want to use EAX and integrate audio of my motherboard.

Any suggestions?

bbrennen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I have the exact same issue (with the new jack plugged in notifications). There is an option to turn off the notifications, but after I did that my microphone stopped working (so presumably it was my microphone that it thought I kept plugging in). Additionally the audio performance of Skype is absolute garbage, and the application itself becomes nearly unresponsive. I'm running the most recent drivers listed on the ASUS website (6.0.1.6570) and am about to try rolling back to 6.0.1.6543.

Status
Not open for further replies.