Closed

HELP!!!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
December 14, 2011 6:53:33 PM

hi i want to ask i am currently using a nvidia gt-120 1gb graphics card and i know it sucks i want to buy a new card but it should ati as i dont like nvidia anymore now i dont want to do anything special with it all i want to do is play games on my 17 inch acer lcd resolution of 1280x1024 so can u suggest me the best card for it which can play all games like mw3 or battlefield 3 etc.thanks in advance

More about : question

December 14, 2011 7:00:36 PM

What PSU do you have? Wattage and brand?

How much do you want to spend?

What motherboard/CPU do you have?

Score
December 14, 2011 7:03:02 PM

thanks for the quick reply i have a nvidia d945gcnl motherboard and currently i have a 400w psu but ofcourse i will change it and about the budget 120-140$
Score
Related resources
December 14, 2011 7:03:55 PM

aaab said:
What PSU do you have? Wattage and brand?

How much do you want to spend?

What motherboard/CPU do you have?

thanks for the quick reply i have a nvidia d945gcnl motherboard and currently i have a 400w psu but ofcourse i will change it and about the budget 120-140$
Score

Best solution

December 14, 2011 7:14:23 PM

That motherboard is also pretty old. Depending on what CPU you have you may want to consider saving up some cash and get a new mobo cpu graphics combo as just buying a new graphics card may not get you any better performance as the CPU could be the bottleneck.

Also something to note due to the old motherboard, there are different PCI-E versions and if you put a newer graphics card into an older PCI-E slot it may not work.

That being said maybe an ATI Radeon HD6670 would suit you best.
December 14, 2011 7:21:45 PM

aaab said:
That motherboard is also pretty old. Depending on what CPU you have you may want to consider saving up some cash and get a new mobo cpu graphics combo as just buying a new graphics card may not get you any better performance as the CPU could be the bottleneck.

Also something to note due to the old motherboard, there are different PCI-E versions and if you put a newer graphics card into an older PCI-E slot it may not work.

That being said maybe an ATI Radeon HD6670 would suit you best.

thanks ok so if i buy a hd6670 will i be able to play new gen games?
Score
December 14, 2011 7:30:51 PM

thanks ok so if i buy a hd6670 will i be able to play new gen games? and i have core 2 duo 2.20ghz with 2 gb ram
Score
December 24, 2011 9:12:48 AM

Best answer selected by konvict999.
Score