Status
Not open for further replies.

konvict999

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
hi i want to ask i am currently using a nvidia gt-120 1gb graphics card and i know it sucks i want to buy a new card but it should ati as i dont like nvidia anymore now i dont want to do anything special with it all i want to do is play games on my 17 inch acer lcd resolution of 1280x1024 so can u suggest me the best card for it which can play all games like mw3 or battlefield 3 etc.thanks in advance

Solution
That motherboard is also pretty old. Depending on what CPU you have you may want to consider saving up some cash and get a new mobo cpu graphics combo as just buying a new graphics card may not get you any better performance as the CPU could be the bottleneck.

Also something to note due to the old motherboard, there are different PCI-E versions and if you put a newer graphics card into an older PCI-E slot it may not work.

That being said maybe an ATI Radeon HD6670 would suit you best.

konvict999

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

thanks for the quick reply i have a nvidia d945gcnl motherboard and currently i have a 400w psu but ofcourse i will change it and about the budget 120-140$

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
That motherboard is also pretty old. Depending on what CPU you have you may want to consider saving up some cash and get a new mobo cpu graphics combo as just buying a new graphics card may not get you any better performance as the CPU could be the bottleneck.

Also something to note due to the old motherboard, there are different PCI-E versions and if you put a newer graphics card into an older PCI-E slot it may not work.

That being said maybe an ATI Radeon HD6670 would suit you best.

Solution

konvict999

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

thanks ok so if i buy a hd6670 will i be able to play new gen games?

Status
Not open for further replies.