Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 Motherboard
Seagate SATA 6Gb/s 1TB Hard Disk
2 x 4GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Value RAM
Sapphire HD 6790 Graphic Card
Cooler Master Elite 311 Case
Lite-On 24x DVD Writer
Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Power Supply

Being the impatient guy that I am, I'm already thinking about upgrading the system so I would like to ask for advise on which area I should upgrade first.
I'm not a hardcore gamer but not a casual gamer either. I'm using 1920 x 1080 resolution and I also watch movies on the system.
Thanks for any comments.

Well unless you want to rebuild have your system the only things you can add/upgrade is Graphics card, or add in a Blur ray drive if you watch movies. Your PSU may need upgrading if you get another Graphics card. but i would get another GPU as the 6790 is ok but if your a AMD person a wait for the 7850 or 7870 would be a nice little upgrade

aviconus

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
In this order:

PSU > GPU > Memory.

gpu will be the biggest upgrade, but you will likely fry your PSU if you get a newer card. 8gb is decent for memory, but if you have a ddr3 compatable board, why settle for 1333mhz. 16gb of DDR3 2000mhz Triple Channel Memory @ Frys for $60 this past weekend. just my 2 cents. Good Luck!

Since that board is not ideal for crossfire due to the second slot being limited to 4x. I say you wait a few more weeks and see what the 7800 series brings to the table. If you were to go with something now I'd say get a 6950. Your PSU should be pretty much fine with any single GPU card. Of course I'd be a little wary of throwing in a 7970 or GTX 580 simply due to the fact that the more you stress your PSU, the hotter it generally is and the shorter its little life even if practically speaking that just me being pessemistic ^_^.