I have gone to a lot of trouble to create a custom Icon
for "My Computer" on the desktop, and changing the Icon
couldn't be much easier. However, every time I reboot
the default Icon replaces the custom Icon I've created
and setup.
What can I do to make XP remember the correct(custom)
Icon, and what's the point of being able to change the
Icon if Windows has severe Alzheimer's?
If anyone has an answer to this I would really appreciate
a little assistance.

Thanks,

FoG

My bet is that it's buried inside an .exe or a .dll file and that the
registry call it on boot.

"Justin Allred" <fillerofgraves@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have gone to a lot of trouble to create a custom Icon
> for "My Computer" on the desktop, and changing the Icon
> couldn't be much easier. However, every time I reboot
> the default Icon replaces the custom Icon I've created
> and setup.
> What can I do to make XP remember the correct(custom)
> Icon, and what's the point of being able to change the
> Icon if Windows has severe Alzheimer's?
> If anyone has an answer to this I would really appreciate
> a little assistance.
>
> Thanks,
>
> FoG

Justin,

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=uofq7UwFEHA.4012%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl

Workaround from Keith Miller:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=uLzmNykUEHA.1020%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Justin Allred" <fillerofgraves@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I have gone to a lot of trouble to create a custom Icon
for "My Computer" on the desktop, and changing the Icon
couldn't be much easier. However, every time I reboot
the default Icon replaces the custom Icon I've created
and setup.
What can I do to make XP remember the correct(custom)
Icon, and what's the point of being able to change the
Icon if Windows has severe Alzheimer's?
If anyone has an answer to this I would really appreciate
a little assistance.

Thanks,

FoG

TRENDING THREADS