Status
Not open for further replies.

Deseaga

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
'Ello, and thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer!
I've been looking through this website, and have found some good leads on what GPU to get based on the 300w PSU I have, but then alas, I find that the GPU isn't low profile, or I find a low profile GPU, and the PSU required on the box is 400w+, which would be fine, except the case is extremely small, and I haven't found any PSUs for 400w made for such a small case. Yet!
Now I'm a bit stuck on what I 'can' get due to my PSU (300w), along with the low profile size requirement of the GPU to be installed.

My specs are:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: s5-1014
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
E5800 @ 3.20GHz, 3203 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GT 520 2 GB DDR2
Power Supply: Seasonic 300w 80+ Certified 18A 12v1+2

Misc specs (Size requirements, etc):
Mobo: H-I41-uATX (Eton/EtonL) ( microATX ) - 9.6 x 9.6 inches
Space available around the PCI-E x16 slot measured at 3.5 x 3.2 x 7.2

This GPU will be used mostly for gaming (Skyrim, Saints Row 3, L.A. Noire, APB etc) and 3D modeling for work, and very little else. I do know there are quite a lot of limitations to my choices due to the slimline case/PSU, but I thought I'd ask around, in case I was missing/overlooking anything.

Resolution desired would be 1600x900
I don't believe I will be OC'ing anything, unless required.

Now for the cards! I'm not in any way the best with this stuff, these are just a few possible cards I've found.

Radeon HD 6570

Radeon HD 6670

GeForce GT 430

Price range is $100 - $150

Thank all of you who reply! The help is very, very appreciated!

Solution
HD6670 should be handled by your PSU just fine and is the strongest of the cards listed. Only concern I have is that some older boards with 1.x PCIe X16 slot have had no video issue with ver2.1 cards.
Status
Not open for further replies.