Video Card Warranty Question - NewEgg vs BestBuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Zauros

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Sorry, not quite sure where else I'd ask this, but I believe the Graphics Card part of the community would know best.

I've never had to return anything through RMA, so I've never had to worry about warranty.
I've also never bought a video card myself, so I don't quite know how the warranties work.

There are two stores, BestBuy and Newegg, that currently hold the 1561-AR model of the GTX 560 Ti:

BestBuy: Here
Newegg: Here

I have always shopped at Newegg for my computer supplies, have never had a bad experience, and have never had to RMA anything.
However, I have $50 off in gift cards at BestBuy, which makes me want to buy it at BB instead.

My concern is about the warranties. On Newegg, they list the Manufacturer Warranty (EVGA) as a Lifetime Warranty, which matches what EVGA's website also lists.
BestBuy, however, only says "Warranty Terms - Parts / Warranty Terms - Labor -- 1 year".

What exactly does this mean? That BestBuy offers a 1 year warranty on their own, and after that you get the remaining 2 years through EVGA? Or do you only get a 1 year warranty, period, if you buy from BestBuy? I am honestly confused and I don't quite know how else or where else to ask.

I don't want to end up buying from BB to save the $50 and be jipped from a Lifetime warranty.

Solution
The standard warranty for an unregistered EVGA card is only 1 year, but if you register that card you will have a lifetime warranty as its model number does end in -AR (the A's are all lifetime warranty). After the first little while the warranty falls to the manufacturer anyway so unless you encounter an issue within about the first month or two it wont be going back to newegg or Best Buy it will be shipping to EVGA, just make sure you register it and you will have the lifetime warranty.
The standard warranty for an unregistered EVGA card is only 1 year, but if you register that card you will have a lifetime warranty as its model number does end in -AR (the A's are all lifetime warranty). After the first little while the warranty falls to the manufacturer anyway so unless you encounter an issue within about the first month or two it wont be going back to newegg or Best Buy it will be shipping to EVGA, just make sure you register it and you will have the lifetime warranty.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.