jiakuan

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hi Guys

I just got DELL U2410, before i was using DELL 2209WA, now my setup is DELL U2410 is my main screen, 2009WA is my secondary screen. The resolution is 1920x1080.

Now i got problem when i full screen my game (WoW, LoL) on U2410, my video plays on the secondary monitor is frorzen... So i have to set my game to be in window mode, but game is a bit lag while more and more things come up in game. I have already updated my driver to the latest ATI driver. My pc spec is i7 930, 6GB ram, Corsair 650 HX, Sapphire 5770. So Could anyone help me with this ?

Thanks

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Could you expand on or explain better the sentence "When I play WOW on U2410, video plays on secondary monitor is frozen?"

Are you trying to watch videos and play wow at the same time, or is something in the game being forced onto the secondary screen or something else?

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Easy fix, not very likely to work : Make sure both your monitors are using the same resolution and that you using digital (HDMI, Display Port, DVI) connections for both your monitors.

Difficult fix, more likely to work: I actually had this same issue on my new build using a 6950. Whenever you set a 3D application to full screen it pauses most background applications so it can concentrate on displaying the 3D application. The workaround I have used is to do my video viewing and web browsing in a virtual machine on my secondary monitor and game on my first monitor. Your mileage may very, but vmware player is free and it doesn't take long to setup.