Sign in with
Your question

First time water cooling corsair 800d

Last response: in Systems
February 13, 2012 9:06:40 AM

first of all whats up forum :hello: 

and i wanna ask you guys for some little help,i'm planning a big build upgrade from a crappy intel celeron to a brand new intel i7 3930K,here are some of my specs:

CPU:i7 3930K
GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Hydro Copper2 i now it's not the best and the newest on the market right now but it's totally enough for me
RAM:16gb g.skill ripjaws z
MOBO:asus rampage 4 extreme
PSU:xfx 1000watt 80 plus platinum
SSD:crucial 120 gb boot drive
HDD:western digital caviar black 2tb
CASE:corsair 800d

so enough from the specs i know how to build all this parts together,my question is how to set up the water cooling for it because i'm not a total noob when it comes to water cooling,i did some researches on some other forums an on the internet,but no one has the right answer for me,so i'm planning to fully water cool my new pc and i have some ideas how to set up the loop order but dont now is this the right way to do this here is a here is a little pic on how my plans are

is this a right loop order or should i do something different and is the loop order really so important when it comes to water cooling,and also here are some of my water cooling gear if this matter to you guys

cpu block:Swiftech Apogee HD gold edition
pump:i'm gonna use a combo between the Phobya DC12-400 and a EK-Reservoir

radiators: 1x360mm Swiftech MCR320-XP 1x240mm Alphacool XT45 1x120mm Alphacool XT45
fans:Silverstone Air Penetrator led fans

this is everything i want to ask you guys so please if you can tell me something give me some advices about everything you want if is it about my pc specs or my water cooling parts or something else you wanna talk about let me know
February 13, 2012 9:12:15 AM

a single gpu and cpu setup does not requires any high end watercooling.i would suggest thinner radiators and mid speed fans.this will do fine with your cooling and
low noise too! :D  quieter is better!don't forget pics lollll!!!
February 13, 2012 9:18:58 AM

hellfire24 said:
a single gpu and cpu setup does not requires any high end watercooling.i would suggest thinner radiators and mid speed fans.this will do fine with your cooling and
low noise too! :D  quieter is better!don't forget pics lollll!!!

the reason for why i'm having so much cooling is because future upgrades maybe,i liked to be prepared for somthing that need a little bit more cooling and as for silence going i'm not a huge silence freak,

and maybe if the gtx 580 is not enough for me i'm gonna try installing custom water blocks on two radeon hd 7970 or waiting for nvidia to come with they new gpus
February 13, 2012 10:03:57 AM

infact i am not much impressed with 7970.wait for nvidia kepler.if noise is not priority then then scythe slip stream or other high flow fans.all the best.soon rubix may contact you and help you further.i see no problem in your parts.
!