Cooler Master Storm Trooper

pilpod

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Hi I recently went from an extremely old and cramped case to the cooler master storm trooper. I needed a new case as mine was falling apart, but I was also thinking that with this new one, the temps on all my components would at least drop a few degrees because the storm trooper has way more fans and is a lot less cramped than my old one was. When I powered it up, though, I noticed that the temps did not change at all really. I was just wondering if there is something I am doing wrong with my setup or if there is any way to make it cooler in there? I am mostly looking at my CPU temps which were in the 30's at idle before and are in the 30's while idling now. I know those are fine temps and all but I just felt like with this new case it would be cooler and that maybe I did something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Motherboard: Asus P87Z68-V LX
Processor: Intel i7 2600K
GPU: EVGA GTX 460
PSU: Thermaltake 750W
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair
Processor Cooling: Corsair h60 liquid cooling, which is another thing that I am slightly confused about. Different people keep telling me different things about the way the fan should be facing, whether it should take in air from the outside or blow air out of the case.

Solution
Well, the case is already running at normal temperature. The case itself has good airflow, but won't decrease the temp any further. It can be your cpu cooler?

Have you tried reapplying the thermal paste for your cpu cooler?

CM_USA

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Well, the case is already running at normal temperature. The case itself has good airflow, but won't decrease the temp any further. It can be your cpu cooler?

Have you tried reapplying the thermal paste for your cpu cooler?

Solution

pilpod

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
The paste came pre-applied on the pump, and I do not really have any extra thermal paste to re-apply it. I am thinking about upgrading to the H100, though, cause I would like to put a radiator on top of the case.

kazuzuagogo

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Well I mean if you're only looking at idle temps that isn't going to change much at all because the point of the airflow isn't to make it cool but *keep* it cool. In other words, under load it should be a lot cooler than your old case. More fans basically means the air around your components are being renewed more quickly than with lesser fans.