Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Building New computer need feedback from experienced

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
May 30, 2012 7:39:44 PM

Hello~ I am building a gaming computer because I don't have one and I needed a desktop anyway. However, because I have never built a PC before I am not really sure if they go well together so it would be really helpful if you guys can help me by giving me feedback if I made a mistake. Thank you

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Processor
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX Socket 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600
Harddrive: Crucial 128 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT128M4SSD2
Video Card: XFX FX777AZDB4 Double D HD 7770 Black Edition 1095MHz 1GB DDR5 miniDP HDMI DVI PCI-E Graphics Cards
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 Series 600 Watt ATX Power Supply
CD Drive: Samsung 22X DVD±RW Burner with Dual Layer Support

and please tell me if they are all compatible with each other

Best solution

a c 188 à CPUs
May 30, 2012 8:16:09 PM

Eveything is compatible but I would change the Corsair Vengeance memory to the Corsair Vengeance low profile memory. The reason why is that you are most likely going to want to add in a 3rd party HSF (heatsink/fan) if you overclock. Most of them will reach over the first memory slot and the large heatspreader on the Corsair Vengeance would block them. So go with the low profile will do away with this future issue.
a c 141 à CPUs
May 30, 2012 8:19:33 PM

Aside from the lack of a staorage harddrive (128gb SSD will fill up fast) and the thermaltake not being the best powersupply for the money, it is decent and modular. The rest of your system looks fine and will work together fine.

Edit - though Christian Wood (above) makes a valid point about the heat spreaders, this Asus board asks that you populate the A2/B2 slots first which are the outside slot on both banks and will clear the stock heatsink as well as aftermarkets like the hyper212+/Evo, and V6gt (the ones I've built systems with LoL) If you might have plans to go to 16gb, buy the low profile matched kit now and be done with it. You dont really want to have mismatched memory esp in an overclocked system.
Score
Related resources
May 30, 2012 8:36:12 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
Eveything is compatible but I would change the Corsair Vengeance memory to the Corsair Vengeance low profile memory. The reason why is that you are most likely going to want to add in a 3rd party HSF (heatsink/fan) if you overclock. Most of them will reach over the first memory slot and the large heatspreader on the Corsair Vengeance would block them. So go with the low profile will do away with this future issue.

Thank you so much for the advice I didn't think I would have a problem with RAM but that's because I don't really know the stuff well. Thanks again
Score
May 30, 2012 8:37:00 PM

popatim said:
Aside from the lack of a staorage harddrive (128gb SSD will fill up fast) and the thermaltake not being the best powersupply for the money, it is decent and modular. The rest of your system looks fine and will work together fine.

Edit - though Christian Wood (above) makes a valid point about the heat spreaders, this Asus board asks that you populate the A2/B2 slots first which are the outside slot on both banks and will clear the stock heatsink as well as aftermarkets like the hyper212+/Evo, and V6gt (the ones I've built systems with LoL) If you might have plans to go to 16gb, buy the low profile matched kit now and be done with it. You dont really want to have mismatched memory esp in an overclocked system.

So If i am not planning on going 16gb I don't have to choose a different RAM? Thanks for the reply
Score
a b à CPUs
May 30, 2012 8:51:23 PM

as its a gaming pc can you afford a better graphics card?

gtx560ti or amd 7850 or similar

what resolution will you be gaming at?

Score
May 31, 2012 2:24:19 AM

mcnumpty23 said:
as its a gaming pc can you afford a better graphics card?

gtx560ti or amd 7850 or similar

what resolution will you be gaming at?

Well I would call it gaming pc but I will probably be playing diablo 3 and Heroes of Newerth on it and not much high end games. I will be playing in 1440x900 or a little higher
Score
June 1, 2012 3:24:53 AM

Best answer selected by wooyeol.
Score
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2012 9:10:50 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!