Sign in with
Your question

Honest opinion of 5970

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2011 1:49:12 AM

I recently purchased the special 5970 on newegg, it has arrived, however I cant use it until Christmas. :??: 
What I desperately need to know is how is it fairing with battlefield 3 and more recent games like that? I will be running it on an i5 2500k and running hot shouldn't be too much of a problem due to my case being a lanboy air. but I have gotten a massive amount of mixed messages on this card and i am dieing to know how it is really doing.
All help is appreciated

More about : honest opinion 5970

December 15, 2011 4:41:35 AM

iamhobbit said:
I recently purchased the special 5970 on newegg, it has arrived, however I cant use it until Christmas. :??: 
What I desperately need to know is how is it fairing with battlefield 3 and more recent games like that? I will be running it on an i5 2500k and running hot shouldn't be too much of a problem due to my case being a lanboy air. but I have gotten a massive amount of mixed messages on this card and i am dieing to know how it is really doing.
All help is appreciated

it's fast...almost as fast as a....gtx580! but then again...it lacks vram which makes it cripple like a.. ehm gtx580 too! haha (even worse) . run it at 1080p no aa and you are fine.

I'll wave when I drive by @ 3500x1920 2xaa :) 
m
l
December 15, 2011 4:47:20 AM

That card will run BF3 just fine.

m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2011 4:59:51 AM

iamhobbit said:
All help is appreciated

Radeon HD 5970 is BEAST and it will run most highly demanding games of present and past at 60fps V-synch without ever dipping below 60fps even on completely maxed out IQ settings and full AA/AF enabled. The 5970 HD has more raw computational power than a single GTX 580 so which way to de beach.
m
l
December 15, 2011 5:10:53 AM

iamhobbit said:
All help is appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twM0vtKME7w
m
l
December 15, 2011 10:17:42 AM

Thanks for the links and opinions. :D 
m
l
December 15, 2011 10:56:17 AM

I saw that one sale too.... was 299. What a steal for the performance. Will last a long time.
m
l
December 15, 2011 10:58:26 AM

nao1120 said:
I saw that one sale too.... was 299. What a steal for the performance. Will last a long time.

Even at $499 this card is worth it.
m
l
!